Topic: How do you create a template for captions

I just bought SV Pro and I come from a basic background of using iWeb then RapidWeaver with my only experience using HTML being cut and paste.  I just now figured out how to customize multiple line breaks and font sizes in svBuilder, and I've added a title in the gallery.xml.  (Big accomplishment for my knowledge level!)

I plan to use SV as the meat and potatoes of my 3 websites as they will be primarily portfolio websites for my art and my wife's art.  The captions for most ALL my galleries will have the same format of information:

Title
Date
Medium
Size
(and possibly sales status)

Is there a way for me to get a template or an EASY way to create one so that I can simply type the information in a corresponding text box?

-Tony

Re: How do you create a template for captions

It is not possible to modify the interface of svBuilder-Pro to allow multiple caption text fields per image (each to be separated by an HTML line break).
The easiest method I can think of (other than writing a program to facilitate this) would be to simply copy and paste the following into each Caption text field and then position the cursor at the appropriate points to enter the required text.

Title<br>Date<br>Medium<br>Size<br>Sales Status

It might not be an ideal solution but it saves a little bit of typing.
If you had some programming knowledge, you could write a script which would scan your gallery's XML file, count your images and for each image, allow you to enter text for each of your required fields via an interface. The script would then write this information back to the XML file in the appropriate <caption> tags, separating each text field with an HTML line break automatically. It is certainly possible but would required a good deal of work.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

OK.  Thanks for the feedback Steven.  I mostly wanted to check to see if there was some script already out there that would fit what I'm looking for, but cutting and pasting will do the job. 

I'm just thrilled to have such a quick and clean photo viewer that I can change the image with a mouseover on the thumbnails.  I've been looking for over a year for just this kind of photo viewer.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Peace,

-Tony

I mostly wanted to check to see if there was some script already out there that would fit what I'm looking for

Unfortunately, not that I know of!

I'm just thrilled to have such a quick and clean photo viewer that I can change the image with a mouseover on the thumbnails.  I've been looking for over a year for just this kind of photo viewer.

That's great! I hope you continue to enjoy using SimpleViewer-Pro!

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.