Topic: back button text not showing/ working

hi Guys

I am working on a gallery layout and noticed that although the back button text is set to white on a black background it is not showing or clickable.

any ideas whats going on as it wont even show in pro v 2.3. only the back box shows

John

Re: back button text not showing/ working

Please post the URL of your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I am having the same issue. A small box shows where the back button should be, the cursor turns into the hand on mouse-over, but the text never shows up and nothing happens when I click. I have not hosted it yet, so I can't post a URL yet....

@NathanDClements

This is a known issue with svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1 and should hopefully be fixed in the next version.
The workaround is simply to click in the 'Back Button Text' box, without the need to actually change the text, and then leave it (by clicking in a different configuration option).

Steven Speirs

Hello,
I have the same problem as described. I do not see the Back button in the Web browser. Unfortunately, the approach described by Steven does not work. Therefore, again the question whether there is another way to integrate back button. I have been using recently svBuilder-Pro V 2.3.1 and the last answer by Steven is already a year old. When will there be a working version or a fix.

Greeting Erich

The bug itself affects svBuilder-Pro (the backButtonText configuration option is not written to the XML file until the user clicks in the Back Button Text field). However, as long as the backButtonText configuration option is set correctly in the XML file, the gallery itself should function correctly.
Open the 'gallery.xml' file in a plain text editor and make sure that there is a backButtonText entry in the configuration options.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post back with the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs

OK,

I've made the change directly in the XML file. Now it works. Nevertheless, the question of when there will be a working update?

Greetings Erich

A bug report has been logged with the developers and the issue should hopefully by fixed in the next version.
Unfortunately, I do not know when the next version of SimpleViewer-Pro will be released.
If you would like to be notified when the next version is released, please follow us on Twitter @simpleviewer.

In the meantime, all you need to do (to avoid having to manually edit the gallery's XML file) is, after selecting 'Show Back Button', click in the 'Back Button Text' field and then leave the field by clicking in another field (or click the 'Refresh' button).

Steven Speirs