Topic: Auto viewer integration in ASP.net

Dear Members

Please help me to integrate auto viewer in my asp.net web site...
I have tried some steps googleing ... but its not displaying the Images...

Please help me.

Re: Auto viewer integration in ASP.net

The 'AutoViewer Embedding Guide' can be found here.
If this does not help, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply sir,

I am very new to programming also...

What I have done is... (Local Machine)

Created Auto viewer with photo shop.
Imported all the files in my ASP collections in a separate folder Names Galley, in which all the Auto viewer files and folders are kept.

I placed the Embedded  code in my ASP page... and changed the file path of SWF file.

The area of display is coming in the Browser, but images are not loading... I even tried by changing the image file path in XML file...

This is what I have tried, please let me know if there is some other way of doing this..

Please help me.

Regards
Ajit

If moving files around, you will need to ensure that all paths within the gallery are correct.
It may be the case that the relative paths to the images (the <url> tags) within your gallery's XML file no longer point to the images.
Check the paths to the images by opening up your 'gallery.xml' file in a plain text editor. You can use absolute URLs or relative URLs. If using relative URLs, they should be relative to the HTML document containing your gallery's embedding code.

Steven Speirs

Dear Steven Sir,

I tried the same in a new project its working.... but the same code is not working in project for which I want it to run....

I don't know but may be some file from my file collection is not allowing it to run....

My ASP project has some..... files like

BIN (contains files and others for AJAX)
JS (Contain java script files)
Web config files
CSS (Contains style sheet)
Face book like button code
Jquery (code retrival from google standard Jquery url for date picker)

I don't know whats the problem.... please help me sir

Regards
Ajit

Last edited by Ajit (2012-07-13 06:08:49)

Please post the URL to your gallery that is not working correctly so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs

Dear Mr Steven

Our URL is: www.andamantourismoffice.com

All the supporting files for Simple View is stored in gallery folder and contains images and others,

now if you can see, I have gallery.XML in the mail location and not inside the folder, if I keep it inside the folder images are not displayed.

Actually its not reading the gallery.xml file located inside the gallery folder, but reading the external file uploaded in the master location.

I have a sample file uploaded inside gallery folder also, but named with gallery1.xml, and you can note that swf files and all inside gallery folder.

What I want is, I may have Simple View / Postcard view and others in my project, I want to name each gallery by its name.. and keep the associated files inside it.

Please help me out with this.

Regards

Ajit

Last edited by Ajit (2012-08-03 08:22:19)

Actually its not reading the gallery.xml file located inside the gallery folder

There is no 'gallery.xml' file inside the 'gallery' folder.
Going directly to http://www.andamantourismoffice.com/gallery/gallery.xml results in an error 404 (file not found).

Also, your gallery currently has the following line in its embedding code:

fo.addVariable("gallery/gallery.xml");

The connect syntax for setting the path to a specific XML file (using the xmlURL option) for AutoViewer is:

fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "gallery/gallery.xml");
Steven Speirs

Dear Mr Steven

Ton of thanks for the same, now its working...

I just was not having: fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "gallery/gallery.xml");

in my code...

Thanks once again... and god bless you for bright future.

Regards
Ajit

Dear Mr Steven

I again has some display problem.... I earlier tried making gallery it worked...

Now I just changed the images and added some 800X257 size images and 600X150 size images, after doing this its not displaying the 800X257 Images, yes but it plays all the images with X sign in 800X257 and displays 600X150 correctly.

Later I deleted all started with new project, now its not displaying any of the images, yes but plays the SWF.

I have used the same code which was running earlier, deleted all the cookies and tried several times.

Please help me out with this

Regards
Ajit

Now I just changed the images and added some 800X257 size images and 600X150 size images, after doing this its not displaying the 800X257 Images, yes but it plays all the images with X sign in 800X257 and displays 600X150 correctly.

Check that the references to the images in your gallery's XML file match the actual image file names and file extensions, paying attention to the case (uppercase vs lowercase) as your web server is likely to be case-sensitive and .jpg is not the same as .JPG.

Later I deleted all started with new project, now its not displaying any of the images, yes but plays the SWF.

Please see FAQs #2, #3 and #4 which deal with images not being displayed in AutoViewer galleries.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to the gallery that you refer to so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs

Dear Sir

I have uploaded my url: www.andamantourismoffice.com

Images are displayed in normal auto viewer generated index file.
But when I import in ASP project its not working.

Please help me out

Regards

Ajit

The paths to your images in your gallery's XML file are incorrect.
You currently use relative paths such as:

<url>images/1.jpg</url>

Relative paths are relative to the HTML document containing the embedding code, not the XML file.
Therefore, in your case, you should use paths such as:

<url>gallery/images/1.jpg</url>
Steven Speirs