Topic: Path Issues on Multiple galleries

Hello Guys

Im trying to set-up Multiple Galleries on Separate HTML Pages

Im having problems with the following issues;
My "svcore" "js" and "img" folders are in my main website window.
I have set up 2 separate galleries within folders (which each include their respective; "the gallery.xml' 'images' and 'thumbs')
when i preview the galleries in my browser nothing appears?
If i move the "the gallery.xml' 'images' and 'thumbs' back into the folder with 'svcore etc
they appear! But as i need to show multiple galleries there is a conflict of names?

Can you help please?
Paul

Re: Path Issues on Multiple galleries

When embedding multiple galleries, I would recommend keeping each gallery in its own separate folder.
In doing so, as long as each gallery folder has a unique name, there will never be any duplicate files names in the same folder to deal with.
Upload the complete gallery folders (not just the contents) to your web server and embed each gallery using the baseURL method as documented here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

HI Guys

I've followed the link that you posted  and embed the following code with no success:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="file:///Users/Paul/Desktop/ricks paint/Ricks Website/paintings/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "file:///Users/Paul/Desktop/ricks paint/Ricks Website/paintings;
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Is still not linking! Any thoughts?
regards

Paul

The paths to the 'simpleviewer.js' file and your baseURL currently point to files on your hard drive to which internet users have no access.
They should both be either:

(1) absolute paths, in the form:
flashvars.baseURL = "http://www.example.com/galleries/paintings/";

... or:

(2) relative paths (relative to the HTML document containing the embedding code), in the form:
flashvars.baseURL = "galleries/paintings/";

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.