Topic: Css dropdown menu not working in Safari & iPhone

Hi there,

Hope you can help. I have searched the forum, but not found any working solutions for my problem.

I have a CSS3 drop down menu on my site - www.norreslet.dk - when I open af page with a simple viewer gallery the drop down menu stops working in Safari or on the iPhone. It seems to work fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Any ideas. I have tried to check the transparency option.

Ciao, ciao,

Re: Css dropdown menu not working in Safari & iPhone

The gallery's background would need to be made transparent (as documented in this FAQ).
For example, the gallery embedded on this page: http://www.norreslet.dk/montblanc_4days_dk.html
... has the following line of code:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "640px", "330px", "333", true, flashvars);

... which should be changed to:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "640px", "330px", "transparent", true, flashvars);

After making the change, you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven for answering,

I have tried what you suggest and it still won't work. Check f.x this page, where the background is set to transparent - http://www.norreslet.dk/offpiste_5days_dk.html -

The drop-down menu still doesn't work in Safari and on the iPhone,

Any suggestions,
Cervin

Your drop-down menu works OK in Safari 5.1.7 on my PC but not in Mobile Safari on my iPod Touch.

The first thing I would do is to validate your page with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix the errors reported.
Once the code validates, it should display with greater consistency across different browsers and we can eliminate any HTML errors as the probable cause of the problem.

If the problem is caused by a clash between the CSS on your web page and the CSS used by the SimpleViewer Mobile Player, you could isolate SimpleViewer by embedding it into an <iframe> rather than using embedding code directly in your page.
This method of embedding is documented as Option #2 here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.