Topic: SimpleViewer within Perl script - Can't find Gallery XML

Hi-
I have the SimpleViewer code printing to an HTML file from a Perl script.  (The user needs to enter an access code in order to view the images).  This is my code that prints to the HTML:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.baldwinwebdesign.com/emmetts/gallery/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', true);
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!--END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

I have all the files for SimpleViewer within the gallery directory but I get the error "Gallery XML Not Found".  I also tried placing all files in the cgi-bin directory with my perl script but that didn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Carla

Re: SimpleViewer within Perl script - Can't find Gallery XML

By default, SimpleViewer will look for an XML file named 'gallery.xml' in the same directory as the HTML page into which the gallery is embedded. Check that you have a 'gallery.xml' file in the correct location.
Otherwise, you can point to a specific XML file (named and/or located differently) using the galleryURL option, so you could try defining a galleryURL as follows:

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars={};
flashvars.galleryURL="gallery.xml";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can can a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steven,
thank you for the tip.  I set the gallery URL to the full path on my server and that got rid of the error.

Now I am getting a white "X" where the images should be.  I tried changing all the image paths in the gallery.xml file to the full path but that does not seem to help.

any ideas?

I cannot post the site address as it is private per my client.

thank you again,
Carla

Steve-
I closed and re-opened my browser and they appeared!!  thanks for your help!
-Carla