Topic: Want to use open new window but disable right click save

I'm working on an art gallery website for a client: http://craigrubadoux.com/oil-on-paper/

The want to use the open in new window function to show a larger image of the artwork; but I must disable the option of them  then being able to right click and save.

This is a Wordpress site using the plugin. I have tried various plugins and code to no avail. I've also tried a lightbox plugin. None of those work - I'm guessing because the image is opened in its image file in the uploads directory.

There must be a way around this? I would prefer to have the larger version open in some sort of shadowbox so no one can see the uploads directory address.

Thanks for any help!

Robyn

Re: Want to use open new window but disable right click save

The right-click 'Save Image As...' option is a feature of the browser rather than SimpleViewer.
You can use JavaScript to disable right-clicking on a standard HTML page but when an image is displayed on its own page in a browser window, there is no HTML in which to insert the JavaScript (and the user could bypass the right-click option and use the 'File -> Save As...' option from the browser's drop-down menu anyway).
Also, as far as I am aware, it is not possible to change the functionality of SimpleViewer's 'Open Image In New Window' button to open the image in a Lightbox.
If anyone really wanted to copy your image, they could simply view the source of the page in their browser and track down the URL to your image.
You also cannot prevent anyone from taking a screenshot of your image, though watermarking may persuade them not to bother.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Want to use open new window but disable right click save

Thank you Steven for your thorough answer covering all my bases.  I will inform my client.

Robyn