Topic: Custom thumbnails are lighter than actual image

Hi, i am creating a banner for our new website, and am using simple viewer pro 2.3.0. I have created custom thumbnails for each image (as it is for iphone apps and wanted to use the app icon as the thumbnail).

I have exported the images as JPEG and at 75 x 75 px and put them into the thumbnails folder within the gallery. All the images are showing and all the thumbnails are showing, but the colours of the thumbnails are very pale on some, normal on others.

Not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Danny

Re: Custom thumbnails are lighter than actual image

What you are describing sounds like the darkening of thumbnails whose corresponding main images have not yet been preloaded. (You can change the way the image preloading works by changing the imagePreloading option.)
Try setting thumbLoadBrightness="1" for all thumbnails to be displayed at their regular brightness whether their corresponding main images have been preloaded or not.
If using svBuilder-Pro to create or edit your gallery, the imagePreloading option can be found in the 'Customize -> Main Image' section and the thumbLoadBrightness option can be found in the 'Customize -> Thumbnails' section.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thank you for the help, but i feel i didnt explain very well. One of the images, for example, should be a similar blue to the simpleviewer forum banner. however, it is appearing turquoise in the thumbnail. i have gone into the thumbnail folder (gallery>thumbs) and the thumb is the correct colour in there.

Have tried what you mentioned above and no luck, so i left it as 0.7.

However, there are two thumbs that are the correct colour, and 3 that are all a lot paler.

Thank you for the reply

Danny

Perhaps this FAQ will help further:
Why do my image colors look faded when viewed in SimpleViewer?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Brilliant, worked perfectly.

Thank you very much

Danny