Topic: AutoViewer at start up

Hi I am new at SWF/XML stuff and had a question on the initial load of the AutoViewer Pro
I am trying to achieve a scroller like this one in the link.

http://www.menlocircusclub.com/

I notice when the page starts there is a grey area to the left of the first image that loads. I am assuming that is the background area? and could I adjust that.  I want to achieve that particular look where it is viewed centered on the page when it loads.

thanks!

Last edited by lowerhaight (2012-07-19 18:15:47)

Re: AutoViewer at start up

By default, when initially loading an AutoViewer-Pro gallery, the first image is centered.
However, being the first image in the gallery, there is no previous image so there is space to the left of the image rather than a partial image.
You could set the Pro ActionScript Option leftAlignImages to 'true' to left-align the first image in the gallery.
Please see this page for instructions on how to set a Pro ActionScript Option in AutoViewer-Pro.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Great thank you for the reply, I purchased Pro and wanted to possibly Carrousel the images instead of looping back to the first image. Is there a possible code to put in the options file

Also when I change the brightness to a lower value it gives it a heavy contrast. Is it possible to add a contrast value to make it adjustible.

Lastly, when I put the viewer in a browser and grab the right corner of the browser window and make it smaller the main picture in the viewer resizes and there is a grey area behind it. Can I make it a fixed aspect?

thanks

Last edited by lowerhaight (2012-07-29 22:20:47)

Great thank you for the reply, I purchased Pro and wanted to possibly Carrousel the images instead of looping back to the first image. Is there a possible code to put in the options file

There is no AutoViewer-Pro Configuration Option which can be set in the 'Options.as' file to allow such functionality. It may be possible to achieve but you would need to modify the source code which would require Adobe Flash Professional and a knowledge of ActionScript. Please see here for details.

Also when I change the brightness to a lower value it gives it a heavy contrast. Is it possible to add a contrast value to make it adjustible.

Again, there is no preconfigured option to achieve this and you would need to modify the source code.

Both of your goals may be difficult to achieve, even with a knowledge of ActionScript, as AutoViewer-Pro was not designed with either in mind. You are free to modify the source code as you wish but please note the following from the link above:

Please note that the AutoViewer-Pro source code is provided 'as-is' to allow people with ActionScript experience to modify as required. Airtight Interactive cannot provide support for all possible modifications to the source code and cannot provide tutorials on how to code ActionScript.

Lastly, when I put the viewer in a browser and grab the right corner of the browser window and make it smaller the main picture in the viewer resizes and there is a grey area behind it. Can I make it a fixed aspect?

Yes. Change the gallery's dimensions from the default values of 100% x 100% to absolute pixel values.
For example, change:

var fo = new SWFObject("autoviewer.swf", "autoviewer", "100%", "100%", "8", "#181818");

... to:

var fo = new SWFObject("autoviewer.swf", "autoviewer", "800", "600", "8", "#181818");

... where '800' in the code above refers to the gallery's width and '600' refers to the gallery's height.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.