Topic: Gallery not working on iPhone.. (when there's more than 50 images)

After uploading more than 50 images the iphone mobile gallery will not display.. I have purchased the whole pro bundle and installed it properly.
The odd thing is the gallery will work and show all images on any browser but the problem is displaying more than a few on the iphone.
Is there any way to fix this problem? Quick fix I overlooked?

Thanks,

JC

Re: Gallery not working on iPhone.. (when there's more than 50 images)

Here's a link to the gallery:

http://jccreativeworks.net/svmanager/lyndsayjustin/

Your gallery's XML file (http://jccreativeworks.net/svmanager/ly … allery.xml) contains only 50 images and all 50 images are displayed when I view the gallery on my iPod Touch (spanning 7 thumbnail pages).
If you have made any changes to your gallery recently, you may need to clear your browser's cache before reloading the gallery.
Also, if your think that your gallery should contain more than 50 images, then check your gallery's XML file and re-upload it in place of the existing one.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I just reset my browsers on my iPhone and cleared the cache.. still does not work at all.. even deleting some images and narrowing it down to 50. Do you have any clue why?

Also, if everything works correctly would the iphone web friendly version display more than 50 images?

The gallery whose link you posted works fine on my iPod Touch.
50 images are listed in the gallery's XML file and 50 images are displayed in the gallery.
What exactly do you see when you view the gallery on your iPhone? You should see the initial thumbnail page displaying the first 8 thumbnail images in your gallery.

Also, if everything works correctly would the iphone web friendly version display more than 50 images?

Yes. The Mobile Player will display as many images as you have in your gallery (as will the Flash Player) as long as your gallery uses SimpleViewer-Pro (rather than SimpleViewer-Standard, the free version, which has a 50-image limit per gallery).

Steven Speirs

Hi there,

I am also having the issue of not having my gallery appear on iPhone and iPad since upgrading to V2.3.

The gallery is appearing fine on the website, however there are no images at all appearing on the mobile devices.

The link for the gallery is below.
http://gerardryanjewellers.com.au/Gallery.html

I have been through the forums and looked at all the trouble shooting suggestions but none have helped.
Any help you can give would be great.

Thanks,
Carly

@chirpy16

Your gallery is displayed on my iPod Touch by the Mobile Player but the layout is such that the images are not displayed where you would expect to see them.

Your embedding code is located within the <div> into which the gallery is to be embedded.
Keep the embedding code outside the <div> and your gallery should display as expected.

Try changing:

simpleviewer.load("galleryBox", "100%", "400px", "transparent", true, flashvars);

... to:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "400px", "transparent", true, flashvars);

... as you already have the following code on your page:

<div id="sv-container"></div>
Steven Speirs

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your response. I have made the changes that you suggested, however I am still not seeing the gallery on iPhone 3GS with operating system 5.1.1, nor on iPad 2 using Safari.

Below you can see the changes I have made. Any other suggestions? I am not sure why you would be able to view the gallery on iPod Touch?

http://gerardryanjewellers.com.au/Gallery.html

Thanks,

@jvcchavez & chirpy16

A possible reason for not being able to view SimpleViewer galleries on mobile devices would be if you were using a 3G connection (rather than Wi-Fi) and your 3G provider uses content modification.
If this is the case, then please see this FAQ for details:
Why can't I view my gallery on a 3G mobile connection?

Steven Speirs