Topic: Making links to other galeries INSIDE the simpleviewer zone

Hello, I would like to add links to other simpleviewer galeries, but I would like that these links are INSIDE the simpleviewer rectangular zone, just above the thumbnails and on the right of the photo zone. How can I manage that ?
Here is an example of a photo gallery which have such links just above the thumbnails (I don't know if this website was made with simpleviewer but I would like to do the same):
http://www.enlightweddingphotography.co … es/Love/11

If this is not possible, is it maybe possible to separate the thumbnails and the display photo into 2 different Flash zones which are  still connected to each other ? Like this it would be possible to put the 2 zones besides and add the links above the thumbnails in a non-flash zone.

I hope you understand my questions. Waiting for your answer.
Thanks.
M.Cohen

Re: Making links to other galeries INSIDE the simpleviewer zone

Hello, I would like to add links to other simpleviewer galeries, but I would like that these links are INSIDE the simpleviewer rectangular zone, just above the thumbnails and on the right of the photo zone. How can I manage that ?

If you were to look through the SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options page, you would be forgiven for thinking that SimpleViewer-Pro does not feature the ability to include multiple links within a gallery.
Ordinarily, only a single link is supported via the Back Button.

However, you could use multiple links within your image captions (using HTML formatting as documented here), make all the image captions identical to each other (so that they look like static links when the user selects a new image) and position your captions using a Fixed Layout. The only drawback would be that you could no longer display individual captions for each image (as the captions would be used for the links).

I don't know if this website was made with simpleviewer

The entire web page is a single Flash presentation and the gallery was not made with SimpleViewer.

is it maybe possible to separate the thumbnails and the display photo into 2 different Flash zones which are  still connected to each other ?

As an alternative to the above solution, you could use a Fixed Layout to leave a gap in your gallery between the thumbnails and the main image into which you could overlay standard HTML links (which would be created and positioned on top of the gallery using HTML and CSS on the same page that contains the gallery).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you very much for that answer. It seems to me that the second solution you offer might be the best but would it give the same visual result ?
I understand the theory of what you are saying. The problem is I don't have much knowledge  so as to build such a gallery from zero. However it would help me very much to have a simple model of such a page where I could customize the codes and the links to my needs.
Here is an illustration of the simple model I would need :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcohenchro … /lightbox/

Would it possible that you create such a model page ? (it would also be useful for other simpleviewer users who would later want to do the same)

I understand that I'm asking more than just a simple written answer, but it would help me a lot and I'm sure it would help as well many other users.

Here is a working online sample gallery of method 2 (overlaying links on top of a gallery). (All links currently lead back to the same gallery but you have have them point to whatever URLs you like.)
The HTML page used in the example is as follows:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
    <title>SimpleViewer Gallery</title>
    <style type="text/css">
        body {
            background-color: #acc2e3;
        }
        .link {
            color: #222222;
            font-variant: small-caps;
            text-decoration: none;
        }
    </style>
</head>

<body>
    <div id="overlay" style="position: absolute; top: 50px; left: 550px;">
        <a href="index.html" class="link">Link To Gallery 1</a><br />
        <a href="index.html" class="link">Link To Gallery 2</a><br />
        <a href="index.html" class="link">Link To Gallery 3</a><br />
        <a href="index.html" class="link">Link To Gallery 4</a><br />
        <a href="index.html" class="link">Link To Gallery 5</a><br />
        <a href="index.html" class="link">Link To Gallery 6</a><br />
        <a href="index.html" class="link">Link To Gallery 7</a><br />
    </div>
    <!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', 'transparent', true);
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!--END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
</body>
</html>

The settings in the XML file used in the example (determining the layout of the gallery itself) are as follows:

<simpleviewergallery 

useFixedLayout="true"
    imageAreaX="20"
    imageAreaY="20"
    imageAreaWidth="500"
    imageAreaHeight="500"
    thumbAreaX="550"
    thumbAreaY="250"
    buttonBarPosition="NONE"
    showImageNumber="false"

>

You can change these setting to suit your own requirements.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I need !