Topic: using audio with a slide show

I am creating a slideshow with svBuilder-Pro and want to use an audio file with it. It's loading and running the slideshow just fine, but I can't get the music to play. I have a feeling it's that I'm not telling it the correct directory to find the file. Is there a required directory the file should go in?

I'm using dreamweaver, and when I create the slideshow, it asks for a url to find the audio file. I've tried putting it in my root directory and using "../audio.wma" for the file (with the filename inserted instead of "audio", but that doesn't work. I've also tried putting it in the same directory as the index file for the viewer and that also doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help? If I didn't explain that well enough, I can give more details.

Thanks in advance.

Kimberly

Re: using audio with a slide show

Is there a required directory the file should go in?

No. The audio track can be uploaded anywhere to your web server as long as the audioURL in your gallery's XML file points to it via an absolute URL or relative URL (relative to the HTML file which contains the embedding code).

I've tried putting it in my root directory and using "../audio.wma" for the file (with the filename inserted instead of "audio", but that doesn't work.

The audio track must be in MP3 format. SimpleViewer does not support WMA format files.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: using audio with a slide show

The audio track must be in MP3 format. SimpleViewer does not support WMA format files.

Ah, well that explains it all. I'll reformat to mp3. Thanks so much!!