Topic: Gallery XML Not Found

I am trying to embed a gallery within a page, but I keep getting Gallery XML Not Found.  I noticed there are quite a few other posts about it, but none of them have fixed my problem.  If I go to the exact link of the gallery it works.  Here is the embedded code on the page I want it to be on

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="slideshow/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "666666", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Here is the page I want it on: http://bartonvillecakeshoppe.com/2.5/
I feel as if it is a very simple mistake somewhere, but I cannot seem to find it.

Re: Gallery XML Not Found

By default, your gallery's XML file should be named 'gallery.xml' and should be located in the same directory as the HTML page into which the gallery is embedded.
Therefore, your gallery's XML file should be located here: http://bartonvillecakeshoppe.com/2.5/gallery.xml
... but going directly to that location in a browser results in an error 404 (file not found).
If you have renamed or moved your gallery's XML file, you can point towards it in your gallery's embedding code using the galleryURL option.
For example:

<script type="text/javascript" src="slideshow/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
var flashvars={};
flashvars.galleryURL="slideshow/gallery.xml";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "666666", true, flashvars);
});
</script>

However, relative paths within the gallery's XML file (such as for the imageURLs and the thumbURLs) will be relative to the HTML page containing the embedding code (not the XML file) so this may not work for you.

As you seem to have uploaded your entire gallery folder (named 'slideshow') to your web server, you can use the baseURL option.
When using a baseURL, SimpleViewer will, by default, look for an XML file named 'gallery.xml' in the baseURL folder and all relative paths within the XML file will be relative to the baseURL (rather than the HTML page containing the embedding code).
Therefore, use the following embedding code:

var flashvars={};
flashvars.baseURL="slideshow/";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "666666", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Gallery XML Not Found

I got a chance to try out what you mentioned in your post and it worked. Thank you for your help  big_smile