Topic: Background Image

Hello
i have been struggling for long to figure out a solution but not able to crack it
probably because this is my first attempt in making my website
have managed a lot but stuck here now, please help

i am using Mac 10.6.8/Lightroom 4.1/TTG Auto Index/Simpleviewer Pro/SV Builder Pro

i have managed to create 3 galleries and linked all thru TTG Auto Index, all working fine
have even managed to use a background image for Auto Index page
but not able to figure out, how to use the same image for SV galleries
Please note - the image i am using is actually a small Tile in png format of 250x250 px
which gets accepted by Auto Index and multiplies itself to make a flawless page background

how do i acheive the same, either in Lr SV 2 or SV Builder pro
i saw an option in Config for Background Image
but i dont understand any technical language of HTML and its process
to write what? where?

can you simply guide me how to do this?
step by step :-)
without expecting as certain things are obvious & understood

please... i am stuck, one last step away from a functional website
thanx

Re: Background Image

It is not possible to tile a background image in SimpleViewer-Pro using svBuilder-Pro.
You would need to make your gallery's background transparent (by selecting the 'Background Transparent' checkbox in the 'Customize -> Embed Options' section) and then set your background using CSS in the web page which contains the gallery's embedding code by inserting code such as the following in the <head> section of the page.

<style type="text/css">
    body {
        background-image: url('images/background.jpg');
        background-repeat: repeat;
    } 
</style>

For more information about the CSS background property, please see here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

oops... not able to figure out CSS stuff :-)
have emailed you on
contact@simpleviewer.net

I do not personally have access to that email address so I do not know what you have emailed.
However, in order to have a tiled background in the HTML page which contains your gallery's embedding code, open the page in a plain text editor and copy and paste the code I posted above somewhere between the <head> </head> tags (making sure that 'background-image' URL points to your own background image).
Try it first with the 'index.html' page from a basic gallery created with svBuilder-Pro.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.