Topic: Help needed (autoviewer is black / blank)

I have a page here: http://mikasbinkis.lt/galerija.php. When I click "test", I get black autoviewer screen - no images.

http://mikasbinkis.lt/autoviewer.swf works fine, displays all images, everything works properly in localhost (images appear, even with the shadowbox script, which you might have noticed). Problem appears on server only hmm

Any ideas ?

Last edited by laikinasis (2012-08-21 14:39:50)

Re: Help needed (autoviewer is black / blank)

Rather than load the SWF file directly into the Shadowbox, try embedding your AutoViewer gallery into an HTML page (on its own) by following the instructions here and then load the HTML page into the Shadowbox instead.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok, I've found interesting things. It seems my page DOES work (images load) with IE9 and Dolpin HD 8.7 (mobile browser), but doesn't work with Chrome 21, Firefox 14, Opera 12.

I understand that it would be easier to integrate the viewer into another page, but in this case it's not a very good option, so I'm trying to find a workaround. Do you have any ideas or could you provide any insights why this may be happening ? Which part could be responsible for black / blank autoviewer ? Again, everything works locally on all mentioned browsers and I did provide relative paths for all project files.

I understand that it would be easier to integrate the viewer into another page, but in this case it's not a very good option

My suggestion to embed the SWF file into an HTML page was simply so that you can load the page into your Shadowbox rather than the SWF file itself. The look and feel of your website would remain completely unchanged (and Shadowbox can display HTML pages).
Your problem is possibly related to a browser security restriction (which looks to be specific to certain but not all browsers) as AutoViewer is not a completely self-contained SWF file but relies on external files (which can be specified via flashvars if the SWF file is embedded).
I can think of no other workaround than to try my suggestion.
All it would involve is to include the sample gallery's 'index.html' page (from the AutoViewer download package) in your own gallery folder, rename it if desired and load this page into your Shadowbox instead of the SWF file.
I notice you already have the 'swfobject.js' file in your folder but you would need to upgrade your current version of Shadowbox to handle HTML pages.
It would be worth trying to at least see if it works.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you very much, everything works now. You are a great helper smile