Topic: Thumbnail overview without a large picture

Hi,
like the headline says, I'm looking for a way to get a button where I can switch between the normal display, one large picture and some thumbs nearby, to a "only show thumbs as a overview" without a large picture.
I'm sure I saw something like that, but I'm not sure if it was simpleviewer...

Re: Thumbnail overview without a large picture

It is not possible to switch between a thumbnails-and-images displays and a thumbnails-only display using SimpleViewer-Pro.
If the gallery is displayed by the Flash Player, then it is possible to display only the main images (by settings thumbPosition="NONE") but it is not possible to display only the thumbnails (unless the gallery is displayed by the Mobile Player which displays either thumbnails only or main images only and is not able to display a combination of both at the same time).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I have a similar question. On a mobile device, I only see the thumbnails but not the main image. So the viewer needs to know that to see a larger version, they have to tap on one of the thumbnails. Am i missing something that I need to do?
Thanks - Cathy

@Ccakebre

Please see the following FAQs for details:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

Steven Speirs

Oh no! Should I have gotten Juicebox instead of SimpleViewer in order to have this option?

The Mobile Player in SimpleViewer (which is used to display the gallery on mobile devices and in browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled) does not display thumbnails alongside main images on the same page.
Juicebox is able to do this.

For more information on the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox, please see this SimpleViewer news article:
What does Juicebox Mean for SimpleViewer-Pro Customers?

Steven Speirs