Topic: Multiple Galleries?

Hi,

I built my galleries through Adobe Bridge and I would like 3 seperate galleries on 3 different pages. Bridge generated the files for me and I have copied them to my FTP. However, only one of my galleries is showing photos.  hmm  Please advise.

http://gaytewaycustomhomes.com

Galleries are under "portfolio".

Thank you.

Re: Multiple Galleries?

Taking a look at your 'Interiors' gallery, your gallery's XML file ('gallery2.xml') file uses imagePath="images/large2/" and the first <filename> is listed as '_0797505278.jpg'.
Therefore, the location of the first image in the gallery should be:
http://gaytewaycustomhomes.com/images/l … 505278.jpg
... but going directy to that location in a browser results in an error 404 (file not found).

Check that your images have been uploaded to the correct location on your web server and check that the references to the images in the XML file match the image filenames and file extensions exactly (paying close attention to the case, i.e. uppercase vs lowercase). Your web server is likely to be case-sensitive and .jpg is not the same as .JPG.

Please see this FAQ which deals with seeing crosses where images should be:
My images show locally, but not when I upload them to my webserver. What are possible problems?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Great, thank you for the note regarding files. However, I still need to know how to have multiple galleries. I have created them in Simple Viewer and they are saving them in the Simple View folder but I am getting errors that things could be over written. How should I save them?

Once they are saved properly, is it as simple as putting each gallery's respective embed code in the HTML?

If planning to embed multiple galleries, I would recommend saving each gallery in a separate folder.
This helps keep things organized, prevents the need to move or rename any files and makes updating an individual gallery easier in the future if necessary.
You would then upload your complete gallery folders (not just the contents) to your web server and embed each gallery in a web page using the baseURL method which is documented as Option #1 here.
If embedding multiple galleries on the same page, you will need to give each gallery's embedding code a unique 'flashvars' variable name and ensure that each gallery is embedded into a <div> with a unique name.
If embedding each gallery on a different page, you do not need to worry about this.

Steven Speirs

It still isn't working. I followed all of the directions and still the only gallery working is exteriors. Additionally, why is there a HUGE black space between my header and gallery? It's not aligning to the top. Please help!

Taking your 'Landscapes' gallery as an example...
The baseURL should point towards your gallery folder, not an HTML file within the folder.
Change:

flashvars.baseURL = "http://www.gaytewaycustomhomes.com/landscapes/landscapes.html";

... to:

flashvars.baseURL = "http://www.gaytewaycustomhomes.com/landscapes/";

With regard to the spacing above your gallery...
Your gallery is within a <td> element which has not been closed. This will invalidate your code and browsers may not know how to display your page correctly (or as you expect it to be displayed).
You can check your page for HTML errors by validating it with the W3C Markup Validation Service.
Once you fix any errors reported and your page validates, it should display with greater predictability and consistency across different browsers.
You can also check your page's CSS with the W3C CSS Validator.

Once the code validates, if you still have space above your gallery, please see the Layout Troubleshooting section of the SimpleViewer-Pro Layout Guide which deals with the question: "I have extra spacing in my gallery. How do I get rid of it?"
Many of the suggestions are for SimpleViewer-Pro only but a couple of them apply to SimpleViewer-Standard, too.

Steven Speirs

That was the trick! Thanks so much!