Topic: newbie questions (multiple galleries, display widths)

Hi!

I just started building my website with SimpleViewer V2.3.0 today and so far so good!

A few questions:

I have followed all of the instructions to have multiple galleries on one page, but only one is showing up when I preview in Firefox or IE8 (and it's the last created one/one at the bottom).

I checked all the file paths, and see zero errors.

Here's the code:

<div id="social_media_div">
<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="web_work/social_media/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "web_work/social_media/";
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->
</div>

<div id="websites_div">
<script type="text/javascript" src="web_work/websites/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL = "web_work/websites/";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true, flashvars);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
</div>

My second question is:

The description text underneath my thumbnails (left justified) needs to be on one line since they're websites. How can I make this happen?

Third question:

How can I make the preview (not the thumbnail) image larger?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Toneille

Re: newbie questions (multiple galleries, display widths)

I have followed all of the instructions to have multiple galleries on one page, but only one is showing up when I preview in Firefox or IE8 (and it's the last created one/one at the bottom).
When embedding multiple galleries on a single HTML page, you must give each gallery's embedding code a unique 'flashvars' variable and embed each gallery into a <div> with a unique 'id' as follows:

<div id="social_media_div">
<script type="text/javascript" src="web_work/social_media/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
var flashvars1 = {};
flashvars1.baseURL = "web_work/social_media/";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container1", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true, flashvars1);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container1"></div>
</div>

<div id="websites_div">
<script type="text/javascript" src="web_work/websites/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
var flashvars2 = {};
flashvars2.baseURL = "web_work/websites/";
simpleviewer.load("sv-container2", "100%", "100%", "transparent", true, flashvars2);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container2"></div>
</div>

Also, you need only load one instance of the 'simpleviewer.js' file on your page.

The description text underneath my thumbnails (left justified) needs to be on one line since they're websites. How can I make this happen?

If your caption is too long for a single line, it will spill over into a new line. Other than reducing the length of your caption, you could reduce the font size of the caption using HTML formatting as documented in this FAQ:
How do I add HTML formatting to my captions?
(SimpleViewer-Pro users can change the font size of the caption text using the captionFontSize configuration option.)

How can I make the preview (not the thumbnail) image larger?

Make sure you set the maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight configuration options appropriately. If they are set to values smaller that the actual dimensions of your main images, then you main images will never be displayed at their actual sizes.
Descriptions of the maxImageWidth and maxImageHeight configuration options can be found on the SimpleViewer Standard Config Options page.
Also, make sure that the actual dimensions of your main images are large enough as SimpleViewer-Standard does not scale images up to fill the image area.
(SimpleViewer-Pro uses have access to the imageScaleMode configuration option which allows users to change how SimpleViewer fills the image area with the main images. Possible values for the imageScaleMode option are: SCALE, SCALE_UP, FILL, STRETCH and NONE.)

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.