Topic: gallery not found -> Drupal 6.22

Hi All,

Recently i ran into the following problem.

We used the SWFtools module in drupal with the simpleviewer plugin.

All worked perfectly until our hosting provider updated to php 5.3
then the following error showed up:
Parameter 2 to simpleviewer_swftools_flashvars() expected to be a reference, value given in

after applying a patch the error was okay but now simpleviewer keeps telling "Gallery not found"

I have been google-ing around for days now but i cannot seem to get this fixed.

Any assistance would be very welcome since the deadline for this website is killing me.

Thanks in advance!

Re: gallery not found -> Drupal 6.22

You should contact the author of SWFTools with the bug report. (We did not write SWFTools ourselves.)
However, if you post the URL to your gallery which displays the 'Gallery Not Found' message, I might be able to determine the cause.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

I have made a bug report in the drupal page for the project, but unfortunatly no response so far...

Last edited by Guardian (2012-09-11 14:39:29)

after applying a patch the error was okay

I still see the PHP warning when viewing your web page. Perhaps the patch has not been applied successfully.

Thank you for providing the URL to your web page.
The 'Gallery Not Found' problem lies with the fact that the XML file used by the gallery ( … 8a3461.xml) exists on your web server but is completely empty.
There seems to be something wrong with they way that SWFTools is creating your XML file (more than likely because the warning is still being displayed) and I am not familiar with the code at all.
It looks like an alternative solution might have to be found (at least in the short-term).

One possible solution would be to:
(1) Create a gallery using svBuilder (which comes with SimpleViewer-Standard)
(2) Upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server. It does not matter where on your web server you upload it to as long as you know where it is.
(3) Embed the gallery in your web page using one of the two embedding methods documented here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.