Topic: Order of photos and unlimited photos ?

Hello

In my gallery (sw pro) there are 2 things I would like to control :
1)order of the photos : is there a way to control the order with the sw setting and not with flickr ? (because there it's very complicated, you need to change the date of the photos one by one, and it's not always working)
2) unlimited photos : I read the sw pro version offered unlimited photo display, but in my gallery it's not unlimited, I have a lot of photos which I loaded in flickr with the right tag and which are not appearing in the gallery.

Here is the link to my gallery :
http://www.michaelcohenphoto.fr/mariage/

Thank you in advance for your answer.

M.Cohen

Re: Order of photos and unlimited photos ?

1)order of the photos : is there a way to control the order with the sw setting and not with flickr ? (because there it's very complicated, you need to change the date of the photos one by one, and it's not always working)

You can change the order in which to sort returned photos via the flickrSort Pro Option. Possible values for this configuration option are: DATE-POSTED-DESC, DATE-POSTED-ASC, DATE-TAKEN-ASC, DATE-TAKEN-DESC, INTERESTINGNESS-DESC, INTERESTINGNESS-ASC and RELEVANCE.

The following FAQs may also be useful to you:
How do I change the order of images from Flickr?
How do I change the order of images in a Flickr Photo Set?

2) unlimited photos : I read the sw pro version offered unlimited photo display, but in my gallery it's not unlimited, I have a lot of photos which I loaded in flickr with the right tag and which are not appearing in the gallery.

SimpleViewer allows an unlimited number of images only when the images are local and listed in an XML file.
When using Flickr as a source or images, there is a maxmium of 500 images allowed.
This limit is imposed by Flickr (not SimpleViewer itself) and is the maximum number of images which will be returned by a Flickr API search (such as that performed by SimpleViewer to fetch the images from Flickr's servers).

Also, the flickrImageCount Pro Option has a default value of 50. You may wish to increase this to the maximum value of 500.

If creating or editing your gallery with svBuilder-Pro, the flickrSort and flickrImageCount configuration options can be found in the 'Images -> Flickr' section.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

You can change the order in which to sort returned photos via the flickrSort Pro Option. Possible values for this configuration option are: DATE-POSTED-DESC, DATE-POSTED-ASC, DATE-TAKEN-ASC, DATE-TAKEN-DESC, INTERESTINGNESS-DESC, INTERESTINGNESS-ASC and RELEVANCE.

Sorry I don't understand something :

The practical way for me would be to go in the "Organize Albums" page of flickr, there I can change the order very easily by sliding the photos in the right places, and I wish this same order could appear in my Simpleviewer pro galery so which option should I choose in the choice you described to me to obtain this result ?

Create a Flickr Set, use the flickrSetId Pro Option to display the images in the Set and they will be displayed in the order in which you drag-and-dropped them within Flickr's interface.
Please see this FAQ for details: How do I change the order of images in a Flickr Photo Set?

When using flickrSetId, you do not need to use flickrUserName, flickrUserId, flickrTags or flickrSort which will all be ignored.

Steven Speirs

Does the flickrSetId corresponds to the set's title in Flickr ?
If not where do I find this ID in the Flickr website ? Unfortunately your FAQ link didn't help me on this...

Thanks for your help

Go to your Flickr Photostream, click on a set and the Set Id is the last numerical string in the URL.
For example, in the URL http://www.flickr.com/photos/54258312@N08/sets/72157629353156737/
... the Set Id is '72157629353156737'.
(This is mentioned in the description for the flickrSetId configuration option on the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page.)

Steven Speirs