Topic: Flickr Bandwidth consuming question

You have probably been asked this 100 times but I can't find it in my searches. and I am new to all this as well... 

Does SV consume bandwidth on the host server  that hosts my website, I have about 2 GB of historical  images that I want to share with club members that are registered on my car clubs site but the club cant afford to pay for consuming bandwidth on my website host.
I.e the galleries need to direct the users browser to pull the images direct from Flickr  and not cache or load them in any way shape or form into the Wordpress site and yet show the gallery from within my WP site. Will SV do this?
What do I have to do.
this is the site so far http://www.tickfordclub.org.nz which is using Nextgen and other galleries, but I really dont want to host the images on the host of my sites server.

Thanks
Mat

Re: Flickr Bandwidth consuming question

Loading images from Flickr will not affect your bandwidth. The images are stored on Flickr's servers and SimpleViewer fetching images from there is essentially the same as hotlinking.

SimpleViewer has built-in support for using Flickr as a source of images.
SimpleViewer-Standard (the free version) accepts the flickrUserName and flickrTags options whereas SimpleViewer-Pro accepts many more. Please see here for details.

If using WordPress, you might like to try WP-SimpleViewer, the dedicated SimpleViewer plugin for WordPress.
It will allow you to create and edit SimpleViewer galleries within the WordPress Dashboard and accepts WordPress Media Library images, Flickr and NextGen galleries as a source of images.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks... The beginning has begun...
I will look into Pro in due course...
I assume you can tag groups & Flickr collections etc directly in Pro...I will have a read another night.. cheers
From the Bottom of the Pacific in Gisborne NZ.

I assume you can tag groups & Flickr collections etc directly in Pro...

Take a look at the available Pro Flickr Options to get an idea of what can be done with the preconfigured settings within SimpleViewer-Pro.
SimpleViewer-Pro uses the Flickr API to fetch the images from Flickr's servers. Any Flickr API parameter that is not covered by a preconfigured setting can be set via the flickrExtraParams Pro Flickr Option.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.