Topic: pro version not showing in plug-ins

i hadn't updated my site in a while and just did an update of wordpress and the simpleviewer pro plugin, now sipleviewer pro isn't listed as one of my plugins. i don't want to pay for it again. what do i do?

thanks,
a

Re: pro version not showing in plug-ins

If WP-SimpleViewer is no longer showing in the list of plugins, it is likely that some files are in the wrong location so I would delete the existing plugin (manually) and install and upgrade WP-SimpleViewer from scratch.
(1) Log into your web space via FTP and manually delete the 'plugins/wp-simpleviewer/' folder (not the entire 'plugins' folder, just the 'wp-simpleviewer' folder within it).
(2) Download and install WP-SimpleViewer from here.
(3) Upgrade WP-SimpleViewer from SimpleViewer-Standard (which it comes bundled with) to SimpleViewer-Pro following the instructions here.

There will be no need to purchase SimpleViewer-Pro again. If you cannot find your SimpleViewer-Pro zip file, you can download it using the link from your purchase email. If you cannot find your purchase email or your link has expired, then please fill in this Upgrade Request Form to request a new download link.

Please note that WP-SimpleViewer uses the current version of SimpleViewer-Standard (v2.3.0) and must be upgraded to SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.0 or above. (Versions of SimpleViewer prior of v2.1.0 do not use the 'svcore' folder.)

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

perfect. it works now, thank you. i have another question...my whole site is a series of photo galleries. they all load very slowly and i'm trying to figure out why. i used to have a flash site and didn't have the same loading problem. this leads me to believe that maybe it's not my web hosting company since that hasn't changed. if that's the case, then it's either Wordpress or Simpleviewer. I've done everything I know how to do in terms of make the images as light as possible while maintaining quality. i've tried all the loading options that Simpleviewer Pro has "next" "all" etc. nothing seems to change. any thoughts?

my site is here: alisonshuman.com

thanks again!
alison

When viewing your website and clicking on your gallery page links, the galleries (which have not been cached in my browser) start to load within 2 seconds (the preloader being visible). The images then load and transition smoothly.
WordPress pages do tend to have a lot of external CSS and JavaScript files to parse (depending on the number of plugins you have installed and activated) but this should not slow down the loading of your web pages significantly.
Perhaps the weak link in the chain is currently the speed of your internet connection. Clear your browser's cache and try again later in the day to see if things improve.

Steven Speirs

i've been told by numerous people that the galleries are slow to load. there's the initial loading and then as you click through, you sometimes have to wait a bit for the next image to load. in the photo world, this means someone will likely leave your site. any other thoughts?

thanks again for your input!
alison

The three main factors in the equation are:
(1) The speed at which your web host (where the files are located) can serve the files to the user's browser.
(2) The speed of the user's internet connection.
(3) The size of the files in your web site.

The only one of the above that you have any control over is the size of the files. Nothing can be done about the SimpleViewer core files so this leaves only the images themselves.
The images in your gallery have dimensions of approximately 900px x 600px and an average file size of 400KB. You could reduce the file size of your images (without reducing the quality significantly)to speed up the loading of your gallery.
For example, if creating a gallery with svBuilder-Pro, I can feed the application large 4000px x 3000px 20MB images and, using the default settings, end up with 1024px x 768px images of approximately 90KB.
Whatever program you use to create your images, try reducing the JPEG quality (to something like 80%).
Your resulting images should be much smaller in file size (and therefore faster to load over the internet) but should still be of a quality high enough for web gallery usage.

Steven Speirs