Topic: svbuilder pro just deleted my png files upon an update . . .

was just making some changes in a previously created gallery in sv pro. saved fine. but imeediately after i checked the folder i store my png files for my web site in, (which has no connection to the gallery) and the folder was empty. the files have not moved to another location and they are not in the recycle bin. all other folders (which are replaceable) surrounding the gallery files are ironically unaffected. this is a huge issue, as the png files are irreplaceable and have to be created again from scratch. i've lost 5 hours design work because of this glitch! what is being done about this issue as i am understandable extremely upset at the time lost?

Re: svbuilder pro just deleted my png files upon an update . . .

I have just tried to replicate this issue with the current version of svBuilder-Pro (v2.3.0) but cannot.
Here are the steps I tried:
(1) I created a gallery with svBuilder-Pro.
(2) I closed svBuilder-Pro.
(3) I copied both a .png file and a folder containing a .png file to 3 locations within the gallery folder:

• The root of the gallery folder

• The 'images' folder

• The 'thumbs' folder

(4) I opened svBuilder-Pro.
(5) I re-saved the gallery via the 'Publish' tab.
(6) I closed svBuilder-Pro.
None of the .png files I added manually to the gallery folder had been deleted.

Please let me know what version of svBuilder-Pro you are using. (If you are not using the most recent version, please upgrade to v2.3.0 by following the instructions on the Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro page.)
Also, please let me know the original location of your .png files relative to your gallery folder.
If you can replicate this issue yourself, please provide steps so that I can try to replicate the issue myself.

I am sorry to hear that you have lost your .png images but if there is a bug in svBuilder-Pro, we would like to find it and fix it.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

i am using v2.13. unfortunately i do not have the time to re-create this problem as i am still trying to re-create the files i lost.

website folder>
png
exported
thumbs
imagine
svcore
gallery.xml
index.html etc.

i have also looked at upgrading to the latest version and it says there is a cost involved. surely if there is a bug in v2.13 the upgrade should be free?

i am using v2.13.

Thank you for confirming the version of svBuilder-Pro that you have been using.
I have just installed svBuilder-Pro v2.1.3 and have repeated the steps in my first post above but, again, have been unable to replicate the issue you reported.

i have also looked at upgrading to the latest version and it says there is a cost involved. surely if there is a bug in v2.13 the upgrade should be free?

As a SimpleViewer-Pro user, you are eligible for free upgrades within the same major version number so, having purchased SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.3, you can download SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.0 free of charge using the original download link from your purchase email.
If you cannot find your purchase email or your link has expired, please fill in this Upgrade Request Form to request a new download link.

Steven Speirs

thank you for your reply. unfortunately my computer crashed about a year ago and i lost all my business emails, which included the email containing the transaction id etc. which is required on the form. Can i request an upgrade without this information?

Please fill in the form to the best of your ability and a search can be performed to hopefully find your transaction details. (I would happily try to help you myself but I personally have no access to transaction records so filling in the form is the best way to pass the relevant information on to the correct department.)

Steven Speirs