Topic: Saving problem

Hello Steven,
Sébastien from France,
I've got some problem to publish my gallery made by SV Pro version 2.1.3
I can't save it. The button seems to be inactive.
Since i used your product, i've got no problem.
Do you know what's happened ?
Thanks
Sébatien

Re: Saving problem

Please try upgrading to the latest version of svBuilder-Pro (v2.3.1) as several bugs have been fixed since v2.1.3.
You can download the latest SimpleViewer-Pro package (which includes the installation file for svBuilder-Pro) by using the download link in your purchase email. If you cannot find your purchase email or your download link has expired, then please fill in this Upgrade Request Form to request a new download link.

Also, ensure that you are using the current version of Adobe AIR (v3.4) which can be downloaded from this page.

If you continue to experience difficulties, try the following procedure:
(1) Uninstall svBuilder-Pro v2.1.3
(2) Uninstall Adobe AIR
(3) Delete the following folder manually:
Mac: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/svBuilder
Windows (XP): C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\Application Data\Adobe\AIR\ELS\svBuilder
Windows (Vista, Win 7): C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\svBuilder
(4) Install Adobe AIR v3.4
(5) Install svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1 following the instructions here

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven...
I followed your instructions and svBuilder Pro works correctly. I unfortunately lost my settings.
Should I pay this new version?

Customers who have purchased SimpleViewer-Pro are eligible for free upgrades within the same major version number so, as a SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.3 user, you are eligible for a free upgrade to the current version (v2.3.1).
If you cannot find your purchase email with the original download link, please fill in this Upgrade Request Form to the best of your ability so that we can perform a search on the transaction records, hopefully find your details and provide you with a new download link.

Steven Speirs

I'm having the same problem.  I uninstalled the old version and installed the new one, worked on 1 gallery and it saved without a problem.  When I went to work on another gallery it will no longer save.  I closed out the problem and tried several more times without any luck.  Any suggestions on how to fix this??

@ neuf350z

Before saving the gallery on the 'Publish' tab, make sure that there are no files within the gallery folder open in any other programs (such as browsers or editors). If a program has a lock on a gallery file, it will not be able to be overwritten by svBuilder-Pro.

Steven Speirs

Steve,

I'm having exactly the same problem as neuf350z below. Updated, was working fine, now can't save. I do get the "do you want to overwrite this gallery" prompt, but after I OK nothing happens. Restarted my machine, logged out and back into servers. Nothing worked.

neuf350z wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  I uninstalled the old version and installed the new one, worked on 1 gallery and it saved without a problem.  When I went to work on another gallery it will no longer save.  I closed out the problem and tried several more times without any luck.  Any suggestions on how to fix this??

@STYNES

Please check the permissions of your gallery folder and all files and subfolders within it to ensure that they are not restricted or read-only.

One possible workaround would be to re-save your gallery to a new empty folder (instead of re-saving to the same folder) and then delete the original gallery folder afterwards.

If the problem lies somewhere within svBuilder-Pro, then maybe a completely clean install will help.
Please try the following to make sure that there are no files left behind from a previous svBuilder-Pro installation before reinstalling the application. I realise that you may already have tried the procedure before but if there is absolutely no trace of svBuilder-Pro on your system before re-installing the application (and there are no issues with folder permissions), then it should work fine.

(1) Uninstall svBuilder-Pro.
Mac: Delete the 'svBuilder-Pro' file from the Applications folder and empty your Trash.
Windows: Use the uninstaller in the 'Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program...' list.

(2) After uninstalling svBuilder-Pro, please check that there are no files are left behind by manually deleting the following folders from your hard drive (if they exist):
Mac: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\AIR\ELS\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\svBuilder-Pro
Windows: C:\Users\your_username\My Documents\svBuilder-Pro
You may need to show hidden files to find some of the above locations in Windows Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/wind … dden-files

(3) Next, search your hard drive for the term 'svBuilder-Pro' and delete any and all entries found (to be absolutely sure that nothing remains).

(4) Also, please follow the procedure above (Steps #1 - #3) for svBuilder, too.
svBuilder and svBuilder-Pro can both be installed and run side by side on the same computer but, being that you are experiencing problems, it might be wise to completely clear your system of all svBuilder files before trying to reinstall svBuilder-Pro.

(5) Then re-install svBuilder-Pro following the instructions here.

I do not know if this will help but it is certainly worth trying.

Steven Speirs

@Steven Speirs

Deleting folder and saving to a new folder did not help. I was able to save to the new folder, but not to resave. You just helped me with a clean install of the latest version, and I'd rather not have to go through that entire process. Again.

Steven Speirs wrote:

@STYNES

Please check the permissions of your gallery folder and all files and subfolders within it to ensure that they are not restricted or read-only.

One possible workaround would be to re-save your gallery to a new empty folder (instead of re-saving to the same folder) and then delete the original gallery folder afterwards.

Unfortunately, I really do not know what might be causing your problem but it certainly sounds like a permissions problem.
Have you double-checked that no gallery files (inside the gallery folder) are open in any applications (such as a browser) when trying to re-save the gallery?

I realise that it does not address the problem directly but if you are always able to save a gallery to a new folder, then this would at least allow you to continue working with svBuilder-Pro until the root of the problem is found.

What operating system do you use?
Do you perhaps have any security software that might somehow be interfering with things? If so, try temporarily disabling it to see if it makes a difference.

Steven Speirs