Topic: svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1 Installation Problem

"SimpleViewer Pro 2.3.1 won't install because of a certificate mismatch (Adobe Air - current version), OS X 10.8.2.
This is not correctable by the end user."

@Offline

Try uninstalling your current version of svBuilder-Pro first before installing svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1, rather than installing svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1 on top of your existing svBuilder-Pro installation.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1 Installation Problem

I read the instructions in the download and did that first.  Then, because I got the same error, I uninstalled Air, rebooted, repaired permissions and reinstalled Air.

Same error.

At that point, after searching through Adobe's Air forums and discovering it wasn't something I could fix on my own, I posted here so you could address the issue and rebuild as needed.

hi,

you dont need to uninstall Adobe AIR in it's entirety, you just need to uninstall the svBuilder-Pro application.

To unistall the previous version of svBuilder-Pro:

On Mac: Delete the ‘svBuilder-Pro’ file from Applications folder
On Windows: Use Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs

Felix Turner

Felix, I did that.  I also removed the associated .plist and .lockfile files so as far as my machine was aware (I think -0 I don't recall removing anything in the caches or receipts) this was a new install.

After uninstalling your current version of svBuilder-Pro and before reinstalling the latest version (v2.3.1), try deleting the following folders manually (as well as the files and folders that you have already deleted) to ensure that no files are left behind by the uninstaller.
/Users/your_username/Library/Adobe/Air/svBuilder-Pro
/Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/svBuilder-Pro

I was able to install svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1 on my PC using the same .air installation file so hopefully deleting all associated files and folders will help you install it on your Mac.

Steven Speirs

The former didn't exist on my machine, but the latter did.

I deleted that.  Recall that svBuilder-Pro is a protected binary and deleting it isn't sufficient to remove it completely from a machine.  It stays in Trash and is still seen by the installer.

That file must be removed and the system rebooted before the new version will install properly.

Thanks for your help.  All is well now.

svBuilder.air does not install on Win7x64 with latest version Air.

Air log as follows:
[2012-09-25:16:30:13] Application Installer begin with version 3.4.0.2540 on Windows 7 x86
[2012-09-25:16:30:13] Commandline is: E:\Webgallery\simpleviewer\simpleviewer_231\svBuilder.air
[2012-09-25:16:30:13] Installed runtime (3.4.0.2540) located at h:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR

This is a first install effort. No Pro version on the machine.

Please advice!

@Goran

There does not seem to be an error listed in the log you posted.
Do you see an error message on-screen when trying to install svBuilder? If so, what does it say?
Perhaps there is a scenario similar to yours described in the Troubleshoot AIR installation | Windows page which may offer a solution.

I have installed svBuilder v2.3.1 (using the .air installation file from the download zip package on this page) on Windows 7 x64 with the latest version of Adobe AIR (3.4) so I can confirm that the installation file is OK and that svBuilder v2.3.1 can be installed on Windows 7 x64 with Adobe AIR v3.4.

Steven Speirs