Topic: Totally different layout with use flash option not selected

Simpleviewer pro v2 works fine until I unselect the use flash option.  It displays an interface that starts with a row of thumbnails?  Why is this happening?  Should I switch to Juicebox if I want reliable non-flash execution?

Ed

Re: Totally different layout with use flash option not selected

Please see these FAQs for details:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

Juicebox does not use or rely on Adobe Flash Player and is more configurable that the SimpleViewer Mobile Player.
A list of the configuration options available to the SimpleViewer Mobile Player can be found here.
The 'Juicebox Configuration Options' page can be found here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I've used Simpleviewer and Simpleviewer Pro and didn't see any references to Simpleviewer Mobile Player in them so I assumed that the two FAQs you reference are not applicable.

Your response implies that when I unselect use flash, another product (that I was previously unaware of) called Mobile Player is used for rendering.  This Mobile Player doesn't maintain the preset layout that I selected in Simpleviewer Pro.  Is this true?

Please see the section entitled Universal Playback in the SimpleViewer-Pro support page for more information about the Mobile Player.

Your response implies that when I unselect use flash, another product (that I was previously unaware of) called Mobile Player is used for rendering.

The Mobile Player is not so much another product as an HTML fallback within SimpleViewer so that a gallery can still be displayed on mobile devices and in browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled (rather than simply displaying a 'SimpleViewer requires Adobe Flash' message as was the case in versions of SimpleViewer prior to v2.1.0).

This Mobile Player doesn't maintain the preset layout that I selected in Simpleviewer Pro.  Is this true?

Yes. The Mobile Player layout is different to that of the Flash Player (as it uses HTML rather than Adobe Flash Player to display the gallery).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok, so I missed the reference to Mobile Player.  I'll concede that point to you.....

You REALLY should change the help, product interface, and support page to reflect reality so that others dont waste as much time on this as I did.  Every reference to Mobile Player talks about rendering on a mobile device.  I AM NOT USING A MOBILE DEVICE, so why would I possible think that it applies to me and that it is invoked when I unselect the use flash option?

Not being difficult, just trying to make a case for proper documentation.