Topic: How to get the simpleviewer on my one.com website

Dear all,

Does anyone have some experience with using the simpleviewer on a one.com website?
I try to upload it all day..but no results!

Re: How to get the simpleviewer on my one.com website

In order to embed a SimpleViewer gallery in a web page you will need to be able to do the following:
(1) Upload your gallery files to a web server.
(2) Insert embedding code into your web page.

If you simply want to have the gallery on its own page, then all you need to do is Step #1 above and view the gallery's 'index.html' page in a browser.

In order to achieve Step #1, you will need to upload your gallery files to your one.com web space using an FTP program such as Filezilla.
This one.com web page should help you do this.

Instructions for embedding a SimpleViewer gallery in a web page (Step #2 above) can be found here.
If using an automated template from one.com to create your web page, please consult their support pages to determine how to add the HTML embedding code code to your page.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Dear Steven,

Thank you for your quick reply..and clear answers..

I downloaded Filezilla and all is clear..BUT..
If I follow your steps in(1) and upload the gallery to my html page I only get codes(letters) on my online webpage!So I must do something wrong..
And for step (2) where do I find an HTML embeddingcode???
And when I look at Filezilla at the right..were my webpages are..I don't see maps but googlecirckles..with the pagenames..(Don't know how to call this but I hope you understand what I mean...)

I hope you can help me!I'm trying now for 2 full days and I'm starting to loose  my patience... :-(
And the help from one.com is so so!

kindest
Kitty

Last edited by kittepit (2012-10-12 13:00:21)

If I follow your steps in(1) and upload the gallery to my html page I only get codes(letters) on my online webpage!So I must do something wrong..

You upload your gallery files to your web space on a web server. You cannot 'upload the gallery to my html page'.
Step #1 above simply puts the gallery files on a web server where they can be accessed via the internet. The process of uploading files to your web space will not affect an existing but separate web page.
If you see the HTML code on your web page after trying to insert the embedding code into your page, then you are probably inserting the embedding code as plain text rather than raw HTML.
I do not know how you are creating your web page but if it is with a one.com template, then they are the best people to tell you how to insert HTML code into your web page. (Look for a setting that might say something like 'Raw HTML' rather than 'Plain Text'.)

And for step (2) where do I find an HTML embeddingcode???

If creating a gallery with svBuilder-Pro, the embedding code is provided on the application's 'Publish' tab.
If creating your gallery by a method other than with svBuilder-Pro, then the embedding code can be found in the Embedding into a HTML Page of the 'SimpleViewer Embedding Guide'.

And when I look at Filezilla at the right..were my webpages are..I don't see maps but googlecirckles..with the pagenames..(Don't know how to call this but I hope you understand what I mean...)

The 'Google Circles' represent HTML pages which are currently associated with Google Chrome (your default browser).
It is likely that you should be uploading your gallery files to somewhere on the web server within a folder named 'public_html' or 'htdocs'. Web servers vary so please check with one.com as to where you should be uploading your files in order for them to be publicly accessible on the internet.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.