Topic: Cannot parse Gallery XML

Please forgive me because I'm a newbie to Wordpress and I've been trying out lots of plugins to try and enhance the native Wordpress Gallery and not having much luck.
I've followed the instructions for WP SimpleViewer and am obviously missing something out because when I look at the published page it just says Cannot parse Gallery XML. I'm trying to use images which are already loaded into the Wordpress Gallery.

Re: Cannot parse Gallery XML

I'm trying to use images which are already loaded into the Wordpress Gallery.

Go to 'Media Library' from within your WordPress Dashboard and attach images which are already in the Media Library to the post containing the WP-SimpleViewer gallery. They will automatically become part of the gallery and will be displayed when the gallery is viewed in a browser. Please note that you will only be able to attach each image to a single post. This limitation is imposed by WordPress itself.
If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I've attached each image to the page via the Media Library as you suggested but I'm still getting the same error message.

http://www.marhamchurchcc.co.uk/?page_id=142

Thank you for providing the URL to your gallery.
Your web host is automatically adding the following HTML code to the gallery's XML file which is causing the error message.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://stats.hosting24.com/count.php"></script>

It looks like your web host is 000webhost, in which case, you can disable the insertion of this analytics code by following the instructions in this 000webhost forum post.

Steven Speirs

Wow what can I say but thankyou. I can't believe it was such a simple solution but I would never have worked it out on my own. How did you work out the problem or is it just a case of needing the experience?

How did you work out the problem or is it just a case of needing the experience?

I viewed the source of your web page in a browser to find the URL for the gallery's XML file.
I viewed the XML file directly in a browser, saw the extraneous code and realised that was the issue.
I Googled the code for more information and 000webhost came up.
I searched in the 000webhost forums for a solution and found the link above.

Steven Speirs

Well thank you again. As you can tell I am a complete beginner but I want to learn as much as I can.