Topic: Multiple Galleries

Hi
I have built a new site with multiple galleries, one per page. www.creativephoto.co.nz

Each page displays fine in preview mode in Dreamweaver.

However when I upload the entire site to my hosting company the photo galleries do not come up.

Any ideas?

Re: Multiple Galleries

Taking your 'Models' gallery as an example, the embedding code on this page: http://www.creativephoto.co.nz/models.html
... uses a baseURL of 'gallerymodels/' so your gallery's XML file should be named 'gallery.xml' and located in the 'gallerymodels/' gallery folder but going directly to http://www.creativephoto.co.nz/gallerymodels/gallery.xml in a browser leads to an error 404 (file not found).
Make sure that your gallery's XML file is named and located correctly on your web server. If you have renamed or moved the XML file from its default location within the gallery folder, you can point towards it using the galleryURL configuration option.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven
Thanks for the response
The file structure for the folder is as follows
GalleryModels
  - _notes (seems to be empty)
    gallery.html
    gallery.xml
  -images (contains the images)
  -svcore
      - _notes
      - css
      - full.html
      - img
      - js
      - swf
  - thumbs

The simple viewer code from the pages is

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="gallerymodels/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars={};
    flashvars.baseURL="gallerymodels/";
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
    simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "450px", "transparent", true, flashvars, null, null, false);
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>
    <!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

I'm a bit new to this as you can tell.

Could you confirm the folder structure and code are correct or provide some examples of how I should change them please?

I use dreamweaver from CS5 and always upload the entire site when I make changes. This is a brand new site I am trying to get going.

Thanks for the help.

Your gallery's baseURL is:

flashvars.baseURL="gallerymodels/";

... but the folder on your web server is named 'GalleryModels' (note the uppercase characters).
Your web server is likely to be case sensitive so the baseURL must match the name of the folder exactly.
Try using the following instead:

flashvars.baseURL="GalleryModels/";
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Outstanding. I've made the change to GalleryModels and re uploaded and it works!! Thanks. I just made the changes to the other pages and am uploading the whole site.
Thanks for your help.
smile  cool   big_smile