Topic: Order of Photos in a Gallery

Hey, so I am not positive if anyone else is having this same issue but I was trying to find a way to put my pictures in a certain order online. I have everything set up through Wordpress and I have everything up to date.
I am using images from my media section in WP and I tried attaching them in various orders but it seems to just fill in somewhat randomly. I was wondering if I needed to change the file names or something? Wasn't sure if it sorted the images in alphabetical, last updated, and etc or just randomly. Please let me know.
Thanks

Re: Order of Photos in a Gallery

• 'Edit' the post that contains the gallery

• Click the 'Add Media' button

• Go to the 'Gallery' tab

• Use the 'Sort Order' options or drag and drop the images into the desired order

• Click the 'Save Changes' button

• Close the 'Add Media' window

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm using the latest Wordpress 3.5.1 and SimpleViewer Version 2.3.2.1. I downloaded SimplewViewerWP over a year ago. It seems there's no longer a way to sort gallery photos in WordPress. There used to be a Gallery tab within the 'Add Media' window that would give you access to the sort order and captions, but that's gone now. I also tried navigating to the sidebar nav and clicking SimpleViewer => Manage Galleries => Edit Gallery, but the edit screen only shows the gallery options (color, size, etc) and not any options for the images themselves.

@ladyheatherly

For WordPress 3.5 or later:

• 'Edit' the post that contains the gallery

• Click the 'Add Media' button

• Go to the 'Insert Media -> Media Library ' section (which should be displayed by default)

• Select 'Uploaded to this post' from the list of options in the combobox

• Drag and drop the images into the order that you require

• Close the 'Add Media' window

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.