Topic: Simpleviewer Pro 231 - Install on MacOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Dear folks,

I have just updated my Mac to OS 10.8.3 (Mountain Lion) and can no longer install the simple viewer 2.3.1 application. I have tried removing and reinstalling AIR but that doesn't help. As soon as I start up the installer I get the following message:

"This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance"

Any idea's on how to proceed?

thanks in advance,

Mark

Re: Simpleviewer Pro 231 - Install on MacOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Before installing svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1, you must first uninstall any previous version of svBuilder-Pro that you may have installed by deleting the 'svBuilder-Pro' file from the 'Applications' folder and then emptying your 'Trash'.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steve,

Sorry, I used the word update in a figurative sense. I actually made a clean install so there was no previous version on my machine.

My exact steps were:

- install OS 10.8.2
- install Adobe CS6 (Air is included)
- download simpleviewer update: pro_231
- doubleclick on 'svBuilder-Pro.air' inside the unpacked folder
- got the error message
- uninstalled adobe air
- downloaded and installed latest version of adobe air (3.4)
- tried installer again but still get the same error message: '"This application cannot be installed because this installer has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance"

Hope you can spot my mistake...

Unfortunately, I see no problem with the steps you have taken.
The error message you describe is most commonly associated with not having fully uninstalled a previous version of svBuilder-Pro when some files have been left behind and remain on your computer.
It is unlikely that there is a problem with your 'svBuilder-Pro.air' file but you can make sure that it is not corrupt by checking its MD5 hash. It should be 97700925d69d7562465951f4f31ce10d.
I have installed svBuilder-Pro v2.3.1 on my PC successfully (under Abode AIR v3.4) using the same file that you have so the 'svBuilder-Pro.air' package itself should be OK.

Perhaps the Troubleshoot AIR installation | Mac OS web page will help further.
Also, searching through the Adobe AIR Forum may prove to be useful.
I realise that this does not directly solve your problem but I hope it points you in the right direction.
If I think of anything else which may help, I will be sure to post back to let you know.

Please note that if trying to re-install svBuilder-Pro (even after having failed to do so), make sure that there is no 'svBuilder-Pro' entry in your Applications folder. If there is, delete it and then empty your Trash before attempting to install svBuilder-Pro again.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. What I did wrong was to place the downloaded installer inside the applications folder and then double click the svBuilder-Pro.air file. The installer will most likely run into trouble when it sees a folder named Simpleviewer already in place. Because of the somewhat cryptic error message I failed to get what was going on.

The reason why I placed the download file in the applications folder in the first place was because initially I didn't realise that the app wasn't ready to run. Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Mark