Topic: Start with text instead of image

Is it possible to start  simpleviewer with text instead of the first image? I have Simpleviewer pro and I want to start at the place of the images with a text. I cannot find how and if it is possible.

Re: Start with text instead of image

SimpleViewer-Pro does not display text files. Please see this FAQ for details:
Will SimpleViewer load things other than images?

You could perhaps use SimpleViewer-Pro's captioning facility to overlay text on top of an initial image.
Please see the Caption Options section of the 'SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options' page for details.
Using settings such as the following in your gallery's XML file would work with a large caption.

captionPosition="OVERLAY_BOTTOM"
showOverlay="ALWAYS"
captionHeight="500"

Otherwise, you would need to add text to an image using an image manipulation program such as Adobe Photoshop (or open a text file in an editor, take a screenshot and save it as an image).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for your answer. Text in an image was my idea too, but is it possible to use firstImageIndex for showing no image? This index starts with 0, but maybe I can use a - sign or keep this empty? And put a layer with text under the place for the image. That was my better idea if this is possible.

No, but you could create and use a completely transparent PNG image as the first image in your gallery. (You could perhaps use one of the png 'Transparent Placeholders' found here.)
You would need to also make your gallery's background transparent by following the instructions here and ensure that the HTML/CSS text on your page that you wish to shine through the first transparent image is within a <div> which has been assigned a z-index value of -1.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for thinking. I'll try, that seems to me a good solution.