Topic: Edit Gallery Link Missing From Wordpress Menu

I'm running a relatively new install of Wordpress 3.4.2 and I just installed the WP-Simpleviewer plugin (2.3.2). It works great. I can add galleries to my pages, they actually show up...etc. But then I thought it was kind of weird that there was no way to edit a gallery after you created it. After looking around on these and other forums I realized that for some reason the Simpleviewer menu on the left column wordpress menu is and has been non-existent!

I've tried deactivating the plugin and reinstalling it. I've tried switching themes (currently I'm using Headway 3) and I've also tried deactivating all of my other plugins (which isn't that many)

Example Screenshot

I have no idea why this isn't showing up. Other than this, simpleviewer is working great!

Re: Edit Gallery Link Missing From Wordpress Menu

Make sure that you are logged in as an Administrator.
If you are already logged in as an Administrator and the Dashboard link still does not display, try opening the 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file in a plain text editor and scroll down to the add_menus() function starting at line 68:

function add_menus() {
        add_menu_page('WP-SimpleViewer', 'SimpleViewer', 'edit_plugins', 'sv_manage_gallery', array(&$this, 'edit_galleries_page'), plugins_url('img/favicon.png', __FILE__));
        $edit_galleries_page = add_submenu_page('sv_manage_gallery', 'WP-SimpleViewer - Manage Galleries', 'Manage Galleries', 'edit_plugins', 'sv_manage_gallery', array(&$this, 'edit_galleries_page'));
        $help_page = add_submenu_page('sv_manage_gallery', 'WP-SimpleViewer - Help', 'Help', 'edit_plugins', 'sv_help', array(&$this, 'help_page'));
        add_action('admin_print_scripts-' . $edit_galleries_page, array(&$this, 'add_scripts_custom'));
        add_action('admin_print_styles-' . $edit_galleries_page, array(&$this, 'add_styles_custom'));
    }

Try changing the three instances of 'edit_plugins' in the function above to 'read' to see if this makes a difference.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Fixed! Awesome!
Yes I was already an administrator, and changing 'edit_plugins' to 'read' worked!
Thanks so much for the quick response!! Super appreciated!

I am glad that my suggestion worked. Thank you for testing it and reporting back.
I will be sure to include this fix in the next version of WP-SimpleViewer.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.