Topic: Help with my galleries and blog

Ok. So I really need help. Help for dummies.

I have Simple Viewer 2.x Pro and several galleries on my webpage. I use Ftp Pic Upload from my iPhone to upload pictures to my main-gallery. Then I just run the phpscript to update and build the gallery. Easy.

Now I have be working on a new site where I want to use a Wordpress-blog instead. But I have no idea of how this work, more than the embed-script that I will try.

I tried the wp-plugin but didnt understand anything at all of this no matter how much I read and googled.

I have now NextGen plugin for Wordpress but its very complicated to update the gallery since you have to log into Wordpress when you want to build the gallery.

Can you please help me with a solution? Going nuts here...

Re: Help with my galleries and blog

WP-SimpleViewer (the SimpleViewer plugin for WordPress) is designed to create, edit and manage galleries from within the WordPress Dashboard, using a variety of different image sources (Media Library, Flickr, NextGEN Gallery or Picasa Web Album).
In order to use the plugin, you would need to log in to your WordPress installation.
However, you could initially set up a Flickr gallery using WP-SimpleViewer and then upload new images to your Flickr account using your iPhone and the new images would automatically be included in the gallery the next time it is viewed.

Alternatively, you could embed a SimpleViewer gallery manually in a WordPress post (using the baseURL method documented here). You would then replace the gallery's XML file with a PHP file (which would dynamically create the XML file when the gallery is displayed) to display all images in a designated folder. Please see this forum post for details. You could then upload new images to this folder using your iPhone and the new images would automatically be included in the gallery the next time it is viewed (just like in the Flickr gallery suggestion above).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.