Topic: picture appear on thumbnail but can't be open

Hello,

I have some problems, Since few weeks I can't open pictures on my website although they appear on thumbnails.
It worked perfectly for few months and suddently, it's not working anymore...
I am using simpleviewer with the version 6.3
You can have a look by yourself in
http://www.camilleleguellec.com/album%2 … index.html

Thank you for your help!

Camille

Re: picture appear on thumbnail but can't be open

Please check the FAQ, Q1: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks for replying to me but I tried already this and it doesn't seem to work. After I made all the changes and check it by opening the gallery, he ask me to download macromedia flash 8, which I did, and it still doesn't  work!

Does it mean that I am not able to use simpleviewer for my galleries anymore? That the people who wants to visite my site won't be able to open the pictures? that I have to redo all my site?
I am very worry...

Please, help...

Thank you very much
camille

I'm not sure what the problem is. Is the URL that you posted to one of the galleries that is no longer working? I clicked the link, and everything seems to be working just fine. The thumbnails and pictures all appear on my computer. I checked the other galleries on the site, and they all work too. Have you tried pulling them up on other computers to see if it may just be a setting on yours?

i tried in different computer and there is only one computer in which it seems to work, in the others 4 computer that i tried it doesn't work.
I am surprised cause i didn't modified anything and everything worked perfectly before...

Thank you for  your help.
camille

Hello,

I must be dumb cause I still can't have my gallery working with the FAQ, There is something that I probably do wrong...
I am using Jalbum to use simpleviewer.
On my gallery's folder I have:
res
slides
thumbs
imagedata
index

Do I need to add flashobject.js on this folder and reload my gallery with the new simpleviwer version?

I am completely lost.
Please, can somebody help me on this...
thank you very much,

Camille

Hello there,

I have the same problem, and i noticed that not on every computer the same problems occurs. The way to solve it temporarly is to click on properties, after clicking ok, the images will open. It is however strange that nobody has a good solution. Actually the problem started a month ago, before it worked fine.

regards,

Sjoerd Hermens

I've "tried" to follow the instructions in the FAQ, and when I go to preview my webpage in frontpage it tells me that a "run time error has occured...flash object undefined"....my site is: www.holdsworthphotography.com ....i used picassa to create my galleries...so does that mean that i have to go and change all that code or can i just replace the "index" file?

I am having the same problem.  The thumbnails show up but you can't open them.  It works fine on my computer, but i have had many people try the galleries at work and home and it's not working for them.

It was working....I don't know what happened.

Can anyone help?

My web site is working fine now but I had to recreate all my site through picasa!
It takes time, but at least it's working now!

Good luck!
camille

maybe you already fixed the pb, if not look at the files extension. Thumbnails and images should have the same extensions: .jpg .
Be carefull . JPG won't work
good luck