Topic: Problem with PNG images

I need to add some PNG images to show with SimpleViewer, but it only accept JPG and TIFF images.
What can I do? I need transparent PNG images to show in my web page.

Thanks
Matías

Re: Problem with PNG images

You can convert them to swf files which will maintain the alpha of the png's

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Can you tell how to convert them?
And... when I have swf files, what should I do next? Because I use Porta to create an album and it only let me create JPG and TIFF albums

Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks have the ability to converting them to a swf file.

I am not sure if the trial version will allow you to save into the swf format. Perhaps do some research into open source alternatives as well.

Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks have the ability to converting them to a swf file.

I am not sure if the trial version will allow you to save into the swf format. Perhaps do some research into open source alternatives as well.

Yes I know that with Photoshop, Ilustrator and Fireworks I can convert images to swf files, but my question if how to create a Simpleviewer Album (automatically), because Porta only suports TIFF or JPG

Thanks

Flash 7 doesn't support loading PNGs, so you need to convert them before loading into SV.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Flash 7 doesn't support loading PNGs, so you need to convert them before loading into SV.

I didn´t understand what you said.
I have Flash 8 Professional, I just want to be able to show an SimpleViewer album with PNG images and without background (transparent).

You can set your swf to a transparent background, but simpleviewer supports jpg's and swf's only. So, your pngs will need to be converted to swf's which will maintain the pngs transparency. Not sure what Felix meant either.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

You can set your swf to a transparent background, but simpleviewer supports jpg's and swf's only. So, your pngs will need to be converted to swf's which will maintain the pngs transparency. Not sure what Felix meant either.

I´ve already convert my PNGs to SWF, but HOW I create an "swf album" insted of a "png album" if Simpleviewer doen´t let me create it and Porta neither can´t create a swf album?

Simpleviewer supports swf files. Use them just like jpg's.
I'm not familar with Porta and swf's

Richard

Thanks!

Simpleviewer supports swf files. Use them just like jpg's.
I'm not familar with Porta and swf's

You mean "create a manual album" with Simpleviewer?

Hi there,

I tried to use png's with alphatransparency (pictures with shadows) with Simpleviewer - that didnt work so i tried to find out a solution here in the forum.

Now i found the answers above and converted my png's into swf's with fireworks. Simpleviewer loads them fine but doesnt show the alpha.

Can somebody tell me how to keep the alpha? How can i set the swf to transparent background. If i set the viewer.swf to transparent background the included photo-swf's are not transparent. They are show without alphatransparency...

Woukd really be great if somebody could help me.

Greetz,

Doolak

When you converted them in FW, are you sure they had alpha selected? Did the resulting swf have the alpha?

Richard

Thanks!

Yes, i converted a png, wich included alpha.

When i just open the png, which i converted to swf, it had a white background. But when i just embedded it in html and set the swf background to transparent, it was displayed correct with alpha.

Just when i used those swf's with Simpleviewer they where shown without alpha, although i have set the viewer.swf to transparent background.

I have to let the viewer.swf know that it has to display the swf-pics with transparent background, too. But i dont know how.

Now i found out that flashplayer 8 fixes all those problems automatically - all the included swf-pics are shown with alpha. But i would prefer to use an older 
flashplayer, because i dont want to let all the visitors update to flash 8...

If there would be a possibility to include those swf-"pics" with alpha in older flashplayer versions would be really nice.

Greets,

Doolak

i think your stuck with player 8 and up, maybe player 7, you can test it , to be sure

Richard

Thanks!

Yes, seems to work in Player 7, too.

I have been testing all the last night with severeal Players and Browsers, so now my head is turning a little bit around...

When i found that alpha doesnt work i was working with Simpleviewer 1.7.1 -
that version seems to have problems with alpha. Version 1.8 works with Flashplayer 7 and later.

As i purchased Simpleviewer Pro last night i will use that version - so now its not bad to have a working version up from Player 7.
If there is any possibility to use the transparency with older Flashplayers just let me know - if not i will take it as it is and notify those visitors to install a newer plugin..

Thanks a lot,

Doolak

older players will support showing swf with alpha, but SV 1.8 will require player 7+  , ( I think)

Richard

Thanks!