Topic: newbie with simpleviewer and problem with mobile gallery

hello,
I've created a gallery with simplevier plugin in lightroom, and the flash version for PC is ok.
The html version for mobile is not so good as aspected.

I'm using an Android phone (480x800) with google chrome as browser.

The gallery as a title and what I see on my mobile is:
- the title on top
- only 2 column of thunbails pictures
- 5 row of thumbails picture, but the grid seems to have more row ( I see a partial picture)
- the symbol ">" for change the page

The problem are:
- there are more row of thumbails pictures below the first 5 row, but I can't able to scroll down the page
- the symbol ">" is near the bottom right corner and not in the center

It seem that the gallery area is bigger than 480x800, how can be resolved the problem?

Thank you in advance,
luigi

Hi,
I have found the solution, I was using an old version of simpleviewer.js.

bye,
Luigi

Last edited by pijo (2012-11-22 22:46:04)

Re: newbie with simpleviewer and problem with mobile gallery

I am glad that you have found a solution to your problem.
Thank you for editing your post to let me know.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

hello,
I re-open this thread, because I'm experiencing a bad visualization using Samsung S3 with Chrome as browser.

according with the following screenshot, in the gallery section there is a blank section not used, and some thunbail are out of the page

http://www.dslvas002.eu/appoggio/gallery.png

and in the 'photo' section, the photo is almost in the bottom side and not vertically centered
http://www.dslvas002.eu/appoggio/photo.png

Is it a my fault with using the plugin or there is a compatibility problem?

kind regards,
luigi

Last edited by pijo (2014-01-28 17:22:49)

@pijo

First of all, please make sure that you are using the latest version of SimpleViewer (v2.3.1) to ensure that any bugs which were present in previous versions but which have since been fixed are not contributing to your problem.
If necessary, instructions for getting the latest version and upgrading existing galleries can be found here.

If this does not help (or if you are already using the latest version of SimpleViewer), then check the height of your gallery and try setting it to 100% (if it is not already set to 100%).
I cannot tell by looking at your screenshots what the height of the gallery might be set to. (It looks like it might be set to a high fixed pixel value or a percentage greater than 100%.)

Does the same problem occur when you view this sample gallery of ours?
http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … es/modern/

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look for myself and investigate further.

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven,
thank you for yuor quick reply.

well, I've downloaded the latest version of TTG Simpleviewer from thetourninggate site

http://wiki.theturninggate.net/doku.php … mpleviewer

and I understand now that the simpleviewer version embedded is 2.3.0 and not 2.3.1.

So, I've replaced the svcore folder downloaded from thetourning gate with the version indicated into your post, and I've recompiled my gallery.

Unfortunately the result is the same, you can check that here

www.dslvas002.eu

I've not found where set the gallery height of 100% in the option available on lightroom, but in the index.html code I have this command

simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '#191919', true);

I suppose that it means with and heigth of 100%.

finally, your link is showed in this way

www.dslvas002.eu/appoggio/test.png

Note: I can't scroll down the page.

kind regards,
Luigi

Thank you for providing the link to your own gallery and for testing our sample gallery in your browser.
Unfortunately, it looks like there is a layout issue for the SimpleViewer Mobile Player in Chrome on the Samsung S3.
I have notified the developers and this should hopefully be fixed in the next version of SimpleViewer.

However, in the meantime, as you currently use SimpleViewer-Standard (the free version), you might like to try another one of our products, Juicebox-Lite.
Juicebox-Lite is an HTML 5 image viewer and you should hopefully find that Juicebox-Lite galleries display OK in Chrome on your Samsung S3 (as Juicebox has been updated more recently than SimpleViewer).
For more information on the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox, please see this SimpleViewer news article.

Steven Speirs

hi Steven,
thank yor for your suggestion.
I've tryed Juice-box Lite and as you said, the gallery is well rappresented also with S3/Chrome.

I would like if there are available the customizzation like simple-viewer; for example. is it possible to put the small thunbail on the top and put the current image on the bottom of the page? I don't find this option using lightroom plugin.

kind Regards,
Luigi.

A full list of customization options for Juicebox can be found here.

is it possible to put the small thunbail on the top and put the current image on the bottom of the page?

Yes, but only with Juicebox-Pro and not Juicebox-Lite (the free version), by setting the Pro Option thumbsPosition="TOP".

I don't find this option using lightroom plugin.

If you were to use the Juicebox plugin for Lightroom, then you would need to upgrade the plugin from Juicebox-Lite (which it comes bundled with) to Juicebox-Pro by following the 'Upgrading to Juicebox-Pro' instructions on this web page.
You would then enter thumbsPosition="TOP" into the Pro Options text area.

Steven Speirs