Topic: Gallery XML Not Found - Wordpress and SVPro 2.3.2

Hi there

We just upgraded wordpress after a malware attack and now when we go to our simpleviewer galleries we get Gallery XML not found.  See here:  http://www.ardentdisplays.com/portfolio … materials/

On the back end, on a page, if I try and click the little simpleviewer icon to insert a new gallery on a new page, the popup box refreshes to a 404 Page not found:

http://www.ardentdisplays.com/wp-conten … config.php?

Can you guide me as to where i should start to look to fix this problem?  Thank you!

JC

Re: Gallery XML Not Found - Wordpress and SVPro 2.3.2

If you are using the BulletProof Security plugin, you will need to add a bypass rule to your root .htaccess file to allow WP-SimpleViewer to function correctly.
Add the following code to your root .htaccess file:

# SimpleViewer skip/bypass rule
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/wp-content/plugins/wp-simpleviewer/ [NC]
RewriteRule . - [S=13]

If you are not using the BulletProof Security plugin, then try deactivating all your installed plugins other than WP-SimpleViewer and re-activate them one by one (checking your WP-SimpleViewer functionality after each one) to see if you can find a conflict.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I had a problem with Bulletproof Security blocking the Add Gallery button as well.

Adding the code above to the .htaccess file didn't work, and neither did adding it via the Bulletproof Security plugins settings.

Eventually, I figured out that if I temporarily turn off the Bulletproof .htaccess file in the root directory (reverting back to the WP default), I was able to run the plugin to create my gallery, and then turn Bulletproof back on once I inserted the gallery.

I don't change my galleries more than once or twice a year, so this is a decent workaround for me.  I imagine if I was changing galleries on a daily basis, I'd probably want to come up with something better.

@ bandergrove

Thank you for posting your workaround.
However, the solution I posted above has been known to help other users and also works in my own test WordPress installation.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.