Topic: help needed with embedding multiple galleries in existing html pages

Hi,
I have made three html pages in dreamweaver that I would like to put a slideshow in. I have read the instructions on how to embed multiple galleries on separate html pages but I don't fully get it.

I created a separate gallery folder but if I move my already existing html page into that folder, I break all my links...  Don't all html pages need to stay in the same website folder as to not break image and css links??
I understand that organizing the galleries with all their files in one folder is the way to do it but do I need to put my existing html page in this folder or is there another way, or is there a quick way to fix all the links?

I'm not sure what you mean with this sentence:
"You can now create a menu page that links to the index.html page in each gallery folder."    My website has an index.html page that links to all my other existing pages....I don't need a new menu page, do I?
I hope you understand my problem, any help will be much appreciated. smile

Re: help needed with embedding multiple galleries in existing html pages

Don't all html pages need to stay in the same website folder as to not break image and css links??
I understand that organizing the galleries with all their files in one folder is the way to do it but do I need to put my existing html page in this folder or is there another way, or is there a quick way to fix all the links?

Keep each gallery in its own separate folder, upload each complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server and embed each gallery in a web page using the baseURL method as documented here.
As each gallery is a self-contained entity, there is no need to rename or move any gallery files and there will be no problems with links within the gallery itself.
It does not matter where on your web server you upload the gallery folders to as long as the links within the embedding code are correct.

My website has an index.html page that links to all my other existing pages....I don't need a new menu page, do I?

No. You can simply embed galleries in your existing web pages using the baseURL method linked to above.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven, that clears things up a lot.
The next problem I get is;   I can't preview my slideshow, do I have to upload it to a server to be able to view it?
I still have my old website with the same web address uploaded so I prefer not to take that one down until my new website is completely finished...
Because the embedded code points to my web address, does that mean that I can only view it if I upload it to a server?
Thanks for your help,
Lisa

You can view a Juicebox gallery locally on your computer without having to upload it to a web server.
If creating a gallery with JuiceboxBuilder-Pro, just open the gallery's 'index.html' file in a browser.

However, if your embedding code uses absolute URLs to files which do not yet exist on your web server, then the gallery will not be able to be displayed locally when you view the web page which contains the embedding code.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.