Topic: No option "Add SimpleViewer Gallery" in WP

I am using the latest versions of WordPress (3.4.2) and SV (2.3.2). Installated SV through the WP Install plugin methode and activated the plug in. I cannot however find the find to add / configure a new gallery.
The SimpleViewer option from the lefthand menu only displays "Manage galleries" and selected 'the eye' doesn't work anywhere.

I also want to use FancyBox to pop-up the galleries.

I have used SV in html before using lightbox and that ll worked great. Moved my website to WP but cannot go continue now :-(

Re: No option "Add SimpleViewer Gallery" in WP

The SimpleViewer option from the lefthand menu only displays "Manage galleries" and selected 'the eye' doesn't work anywhere.

You should be able to create a SimpleViewer gallery by clicking on the 'Eye' icon (in 'Visual' mode) or the 'Add SimpleViewer Gallery' button (in 'HTML' mode) in the toolbar on the create/edit post screen.
If this does not work, try temporarily deactivating all other plugins and reactivate them one at a time (checking the WP-SimpleViewer functionality after reactivating each one) until you find a conflict.
If you do find a plugin which causes a conflict with WP-SimpleViewer, please post back and let me know so that I can investigate further. Thank you.

I also want to use FancyBox to pop-up the galleries.

WP-SimpleViewer does not feature such functionality.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Just for your info... I also had this issue, hence found this post. For me there was a plugin that conflicts with SV that I had installed after SV. When I next came to make a gallery, the 'eye' wasn't there. It's FolioPress WYSIWYG. Deactivating it turns the SV eye back on.

The FolioPress WYSIWYG plugin replaces the default WordPress editor and when this plugin is activated, any icons that have been added to the WordPress editor toolbar by other plugins will no longer be displayed. This will affect many plugins, such as NextGEN Gallery, Subscribe2 and, as you have reported, WP-SimpleViewer (and WP-Juicebox).
Thank you for mentioning this, though. It may help other users.

Steven Speirs

Hello:

I am also having the same problem.  I installed Version 2.3.2.1.  Recently upgraded my website to wordpress and the previous web developer used simpleviewer as their gallery post. 

The simple viewer plug in only shows manage galleries - but I am not able to create new galleries.  The previous gallery webpage shows up from 2007 and I am not able to add or edit the existing gallery.

I also checked the wp-content/uploads and the pictures are in the file with the 777 permission.

http://repalriley38.com/gallery/

I tried deactivating the other plug ins as suggested in this post. 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Marta

@martaperales

If your WordPress installation is up-to-date (v3.8.1) and you use the default WordPress editor and your web server meets all the requirements for WP-SimpleViewer, then the SimpleViewer eye icon or 'Add SimpleViewer Gallery' button should be visible in the editor's toolbar.

As you have already tried deactivating all plugins other than WP-SimpleViewer and this did not make a difference, then a plugin conflict is not the cause of your problem.

Please double-check that your WordPress installation is up-to-date, that you are using the default WordPress editor and that your web server meets all the requirements for WP-SimpleViewer.

The previous gallery webpage shows up from 2007 and I am not able to add or edit the existing gallery.

The gallery whose link you posted looks to be a very old version of SimpleViewer and it was not created with WP-SimpleViewer v2.0 or above. It may have been created with WP-SimpleViewer v1.5.4 but there is no backward-compatibility between v2.0 and v1.5.4 (please see here for details) and the gallery whose link you posted will not be able to be edited by the current version of WP-SimpleViewer.
WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.1 will be able to edit galleries created with WP-SimpleViewer v2.0 or above only.

Steven Speirs