Topic: images don't work

Hi,
I must be missing something but I don't seem to be able to get my images to work.  Im getting all x's.  I've looked at the faq but I still don't know what I've done wrong.

my website is www.surfartist.org.

Re: images don't work

For others reading this thread, here is the FAQ which deals with seeing crosses where images should be:
My images show locally, but not when I upload them to my webserver. What are possible problems?

In addition to the suggestions in the FAQ, check that the permissions of the gallery folder (and all subfolders within it) on your web server are 755 and that the permissions of the image files themselves are 644.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I checked the image permissions etc that you suggested, they were correct.  I originally looked at the faq that suggests checking my path names for upper and lower case etc.  I first of all did this, but isn't part of the point of simpleviewer that this happens automatically in sv builder when I load all my images and go through the procedure to finally publish the files and save them.

Then all Im doing is putting that one single gallery on where my original website was before.  anyway, they seem fine to me.  the other step listed in the faq was to check if hotlink protection is enabled.  I don't know where or how to do this, but I do have more than one website and the others aren't affected and seem to be fine.  Is it possible that I have hotlink protection enabled on one and not the other...

I originally looked at the faq that suggests checking my path names for upper and lower case etc.  I first of all did this, but isn't part of the point of simpleviewer that this happens automatically in sv builder when I load all my images and go through the procedure to finally publish the files and save them.

If building your gallery with svBuilder, there will be no case-sensitivity issues. The references to the images in the gallery's XML file will exactly match the image file names themselves.
However, if building your gallery manually, case-sensitivity may become an issue and care must be taken.

the other step listed in the faq was to check if hotlink protection is enabled.  I don't know where or how to do this, but I do have more than one website and the others aren't affected and seem to be fine.  Is it possible that I have hotlink protection enabled on one and not the other...

If hotlink protection is enabled on your hosting account by your web host, then it will affect all websites associated with that account.
Please ask your web host if you have hotlink protection enabled on your account and, if so, if they can remove it.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.