Topic: Intuit Website and SV Gallery help

Hi! I'm new to website building and am currently making a website (www.meganedwardsphotography.com) using an Intuit Homestead website builder. I LOVE my SV v2 gallery and tried to follow the instructions on how to imbed the gallery. I added an html tab to the page, then pasted the code into the text box, but it either won't show up when I publish it, or, if I use the xml file, it gives me a strange error.

Code:
<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
simpleviewer.ready(function () {
simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true);
});
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

Error when adding it as an xml file to the page:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

I am very computer stupid, so I'm not sure if I'm missing a big piece to the puzzle. I love SV and hope I can get this figured out, or else I'll have to use something else. sad

By the way, I'm using Mozilla Firefox on a PC. Thank you!

Megan

Re: Intuit Website and SV Gallery help

Have you uploaded your gallery folder to your web space yet?
If so, make sure that the path to the 'simpleviewer.js' JavaScript file in your gallery's embedding code points to the correct location.
If you have not yet uploaded your gallery folder to a web server and Intuit Homestead do not allow you to upload your gallery folder to the web space they provide, then you can upload your gallery folder to Dropbox and embed the gallery in your web page using an <iframe>.

In order to upload SimpleViewer gallery to Dropbox, follow these instructions:
(1) Download and install the Dropbox client program from this web page
(2) Run the install program and sign up for a free Dropbox account
(3) Create your SimpleViewer gallery with the method of your choice (such as svBuilder)
(4) Drag and drop the entire gallery folder into the 'Public' folder within the newly created Dropbox folder on your computer
(5) Navigate towards your gallery's 'index.html' file (within 'username/Dropbox/Public/gallery_folder/'), right-click it and select 'Dropbox -> Copy public link'

Now, all you would need to do to embed the gallery is to insert a single line of HTML code, an <iframe> whose 'src' attribute points towards the 'index.html' page within the gallery folder (the URL you copied in Step #5 above).
The <iframe> would look like the following:

<iframe src="Dropbox_URL_Goes_Here" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.