Topic: lost copy of tiltviewer pro

Hi - a couple of years ago I bought a copy of Tiltviewer Pro.  I have it running on a couple of websites and nice it looks too.  However, after a hard disk crash a while ago, I lost some of my software (somehow did not have all folders in my backups).  TV Pro was one of those.

Unfortunately I can't offer any documentation to verify ownership, but you can see a good few posts under my name around 2011/2010 in the TV Pro forum.

Is there any chance I can get another copy?

Re: lost copy of tiltviewer pro

Please complete the Upgrade Request Form to the best of your ability (with an approximate date of purchase and details of the name and/or email address of the person who originally purchased the product) and fill in the 'Comments' section with any relevant information which might help with a search.
I do not personally have access to transaction records but filling in the form will ensure that the relevant information is sent to the correct department who will be able to perform a search, hopefully find your original transaction and provide you with a new download link.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Stephen - thanks for the prompt reply - as always smile

I managed to find the original email from airtight for download of TV Pro - giving 5 downloads.  I downloaded the latest version and uploaded TiltViewer.swf over-writing the previous version. 

That solved the problem I was having with changes in the HTML (tilt amount etc) not finding their way into a new website I am doing in Wordpress (for the first time incidentally - normally I code all my own sites the old-fashioned way).

Now a quick question for you, re size of the arrows.  The normal response we get to this is that they can't be changed as it is "hard coded" and there are no options.  However, presumably, the settings are in our code somewhere.  Could I not just open the relevant file/s and change the image to a smaller one or whatever?

Thanks again.

Richard

Now a quick question for you, re size of the arrows.  The normal response we get to this is that they can't be changed as it is "hard coded" and there are no options.  However, presumably, the settings are in our code somewhere.  Could I not just open the relevant file/s and change the image to a smaller one or whatever?

Unfortunately, as you predict, there is no way to change the shape or size of the previous/next arrows in TiltViewer-Pro.
There are no Configuration Options to achieve this and TiltViewer-Pro does not come with source code so it is not possible to modify the arrows (which are hardcoded in the SWF file) in order to publish a new SWF file.
It is possible only to change the color of the arrows (via the navButtonColor configuration option) or to swap them for a circular reload button (by setting useReloadButton="true").

Steven Speirs

Fine - that's clear enough.  Must be a much requested new option then.  I use Linux for all my work and am used to open source but I guess people have to make a living  big_smile

Is TV Pro still under active development?  I see that the WordPress plugin has not been under development for over two years and is possibly no longer good for new versions of WP?  That's not a good sign...

Last edited by arjay (2012-12-13 09:56:27)

Is TV Pro still under active development?

Yes. A new version of TiltViewer (v1.3.2) was released recently (in September 2012).
Please see the TiltViewer Version History for details.

Steven Speirs

Good news Steven.  I've bookmarked the link you provided and will keep an eye on it from time to time. Perhaps they'll include an "arrow size" option (hehe)