Topic: Link to Simpleviewer album

I've created a NextGen gallery, and then insert it into my post using WP-Simpleviewer. This works fine. However, what I'd really like to do is to have a textual post with embedded photos and a link at the end to the Simpleviewer gallery, which would then take over the whole screen. How do I do this?

Thanks!

Re: Link to Simpleviewer album

In order to link to a gallery on its own web page, you would need to:

• Create a SimpleViewer gallery using svBuilder.

• Upload the entire gallery folder to your web host using an FTP program such as Filezilla.

• In your WordPress post, insert an HTML hyperlink to the 'index.html' file within the gallery folder (making sure that the method of entry is 'Text' rather than 'Visual'), such as:

<a href="http://www.example.com/gallery/index.html">Click here to open gallery</a>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

What if I cannot run svBuilder? For example, what if I don't have my own computer with me, and I'm using a public computer at an internet cafe for a short time? This is an actual scenario I'm considering, since I'm leaving on a five month cycle touring trip to Central America in two weeks... I guess in that case I could run BuildGallery. But ideally (for me) there would be a way to do it using WP-Simpleviewer (but maybe there isn't).

WP-SimpleViewer is used to embed a SimpleViewer gallery in a WordPress post.
It cannot be used to create a standalone gallery which can be viewed on its own web page.

A possible solution (other than BuildGallery) would be to use svManager, which, like BuildGallery, is a PHP web application which you would install on your web server and use through a browser interface.
svManager has full support for SimpleViewer-Pro and would allow you to create standalone full-page galleries which you could link to from a WordPress post.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.