Topic: svManager and IE8 and IE9 black bar and space mystery

We set up a gallery on

and it seems to work well in Chrome, Safari and Firefox. But with IE 8 and IE9 it has a black bar at the top pushing the gallery down so it hides the caption at the bottom. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

It is even more visible on an iPhone. However we resolved it by creating a separate mobile site, but you can always go into the original site, but then the gallery has the black bar or space at the top (below the navigation) whcih pushes everything down and cuts off the image and caption at the bottom.

Thank you.

Re: svManager and IE8 and IE9 black bar and space mystery

My first step is always to run the page through the W3C validator ( and fix any invalid markup. It doesn't always fix the problem but it gives me a firm base to work from. Your code does have a few minor issues – mostly space characters that shouldn't be there.

I'm not sure if this is really an svManager problem so not sure how much I'll be able to help but if you fix the validation issues and still have the problem then I'll take another look.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: svManager and IE8 and IE9 black bar and space mystery

I notice that there is also a stray semi-colon in the <iframe> code (which houses the gallery).
The W3C Markup Validation Service should pick this up but I thought I should mention it as it is an error in the line of code which displays the gallery on the page.

Also, I notice that your gallery uses SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.3.
Try upgrading your gallery to the latest version of SimpleViewer-Pro (v2.3.1) as many bugs have been fixed since v2.1.3.
Please see the SimpleViewer Version History for a full list of changes.

Instructions for upgrading your svManager installation can be found here.
You can upgrade your existing galleries from v2.1.3 to v2.3.1 by replacing the 'svcore' folder in each gallery with the 'svcore' folder from the SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.1 download package ('simpleviewer_pro_231/web/svcore/').

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.