Topic: svBuilder doesn't show images

I am new on this forum and I am from the Netherlands so if my spelling isn't that good sorry for that  tongue

My girlfriend has a photography website where she uses svBuilder to build galleries. She uses the program now around 8 months and all of the sudden svBuilder isn't showing any images when we open new galleries. When she uploads the gallary to her website it does work. Making an new gallery doesn't do the trick either sad

I've made a screenshot to be more clear. … t188y.png/

The weird thing is on my laptop svBuilder does work and shows images. I don't know if svBuilder uses any other programs then AdobeAIR?

Last edited by Jeroen92 (2012-12-29 21:14:39)

Re: svBuilder doesn't show images

The problem you experience may be caused by a bug which affected Mac OS X 10.6, Adobe AIR 3.4 and versions of svBuilder prior to v2.3.1. This bug was fixed in svBuilder v2.3.1. Please see the SimpleViewer Version History for a full list of changes.

Make sure that you are using the latest versions of both Adobe AIR (v3.5) and svBuilder.
The latest version of Adobe AIR can be downloaded from this web page.
Instructions for upgrading svBuilder can be found on this web page.

If this does not help, make sure that you have not manually deleted any images from the 'images' folder. If you have, then there may still be references to these images (which no longer exist) within the gallery's XML file.

Also, make sure that the permissions of your gallery folder are not set to 'read-only'.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for the fast response!

I've updated Adobe AIR and svBuilder yesterday to the newest version and it didn't do the trick. After that I reinstalled a clean version of Windows 7. But that didn't help either.

There aren't any images deleted, I know this because the exact same folder also works on my laptop.

As I already told in my previous post I tried to make a new gallery with random photo's from my library but that doesn't work either. When I double click on the 'missing preview images' my computer opens them in Picasa.

I have UAC (User Account Control) disabled so there aren't any restriction. I use the same settings on my laptop.

P.S. I don't know if svBuilder uses other programs like Java or Flash? Both are installed.

Last edited by Jeroen92 (2012-12-29 22:20:41)

The problem is solved. AdobeAIR was the killer tongue
I downgraded to version 3.3 and then svbuilder did show the thumbs.

I also couldn't delete AIR so i deleted it with cmd.