Topic: Embedding in Network Solution's Website Builder tool

I am using Network Solution's Website Builder tool to make a website for our art organization.  I have been trying very hard to get my S.V. galleries to appear on our website--so far it is just blank where I put it. In reading many of your forum posts, I think where I am getting stuck is that I need to upload the S.V. gallery files to my html page at Network Solutions. Can you guide me in how to do this, or at least give me the right questions/words to ask/say if you suggest to me to call them for help? I am not totally clueless on website building, but smaller words work best for me, thanks.

Simple Viewer fit all our needs for a perfect gallery and I really, really want this to work! I am using S.V. pro version 2.3.1.

Re: Embedding in Network Solution's Website Builder tool

If following the embedding instructions here, you will need to copy the entire contents of your gallery folder to the same directory as the web page containing the embedding code.

Alternatively, you can upload the complete gallery folder (not just the contents) to your web server (to any location as long as you know where it is) and embed it in your web page using the baseURL method documented here.

If your web host does not allow you to upload files and folders to the web space that they provide via FTP, then you would need to find an alternative host for your SimpleViewer gallery. One such host would be Dropbox.

In order to upload SimpleViewer gallery to Dropbox, follow these instructions:
(1) Download and install the Dropbox client program from this web page
(2) Run the install program and sign up for a free Dropbox account
(3) Create your SimpleViewer gallery with the method of your choice (such as svBuilder)
(4) Drag and drop the entire gallery folder (not just the contents) into the 'Public' folder within the newly created Dropbox folder on your computer
(5) Navigate towards your gallery's 'index.html' file (within 'username/Dropbox/Public/gallery_folder/'), right-click it and select 'Dropbox -> Copy public link'

Now, all you would need to do to embed the gallery in your web page is to insert a single line of HTML code, an <iframe> whose 'src' attribute points towards the 'index.html' page within the gallery folder (the URL you copied in Step #5 above).
The <iframe> would look like the following:

<iframe src="Dropbox_URL_Goes_Here" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you. I have exhausted most possibilities you mentioned so I am working on using the dropbox option.

Seems to be embedding into my page, however when I preview or publish, the space is made on the page, but blank. I'm not sure where the problem is, but I will mention that when I set up my drop box account, there wasn't a "public" folder in there, so I just dropped my gallery file into the basic dropbox area. Come to think of it, when I go to my dropbox account on line and try to view my gallery's index file, it comes up blank there, too.

Any ideas, I would really appreciate!

Okay--anything different is good! I got a dropbox page "Error, perhaps you need to sign in" to show up in my page where the gallery is supposed to be.

So I think my last question from above can be narrowed down to just finding out if having a 'public' folder in dropbox is the issue.

Again, any help is appreciated.

when I set up my drop box account, there wasn't a "public" folder in there

Please see this Dropbox Blog Post. As a longtime Dropbox user, my account still displays a 'Public' folder and I was not aware of this change. It looks like Dropbox may no longer be a viable host for a SimpleViewer gallery. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
As an alternative, you could sign up for a hosting account with a regular web host and upload your gallery folder to your web space there using a traditional FTP program such as Filezilla. There are many web hosts which offer free web space which would be suitable. Try a web search with terms such as 'free web hosting'. Please be aware that often, you get what you pay for with free web hosting and if you pay for an upgraded web hosting package, you will likely receive better support and the web server will likely have less down-time.

Steven Speirs

Thank you for clearing up the dropbox issue...

Because I'm using Website Builder at my server (Network Solutions) I will have to try too make it work somehow there. I'm really at a loss of what to do next, so I think I will let this sit a bit.  Thanks for you help.

I have just discovered that new Dropbox account users (those who signed up after 4 October 2012) can create a 'Public' folder in their account by following the instructions on the 'Creating a Public folder' section of this Dropbox help page.
Just follow Steps #1 and #2 above and then create your 'Public' folder via the link in the Dropbox help page and continue with Steps #3, #4 and #5.
I have tested this with a new Dropbox account and it works.

Steven Speirs

It worked!

Website Builder at Network Solutions was a bit fussy about saving the pasted-in html, but try, try & try again.

I am now the happiest girl on the planet. Thank you SO much for really going to bat for us!

Question. I have the S.V. pro version, is there any way to let the "Simple Viewer" info show? I would be more than happy to advertise for you!

I have the S.V. pro version, is there any way to let the "Simple Viewer" info show? I would be more than happy to advertise for you!

There is no way to automatically display the SimpleViewer badge/link from Standard galleries in Pro galleries. (One of the features of SimpleViewer-Pro is that all SimpleViewer-related branding is removed.) You would need to manually add branding as documented here.
However, I appreciate the gesture and wish you well with your future web projects.

Steven Speirs