Topic: Published Galleries not reflecting the Customizations

My customized gallery has a black background, captions on the left, thumbnails below my images, and some navigation buttons between the image and the thumbnails.  It looks just they way I want it.  My published galleries, however, lack the navigation buttons, captions, thumbnails, and the background is white. 

I've refreshed the gallery, checked after upload, checked in the browser prior to upload, and the issue is the same. 

Ive got the latest Air and svBuilder as of this afternoon--so everything should be synced up on my Windows 7 machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance,
Chilidogcowboy

Re: Published Galleries not reflecting the Customizations

The two versions of your gallery sound very different from each other.
One possible reason is that one of your galleries uses SimpleViewer-Pro and the other uses SimpleViewer-Standard (the free version) which ignores all Pro configuration options.
Make sure that your gallery uses the Pro 'svcore' folder.
Another reason for two versions of the same gallery looking different from each other is explained in this FAQ:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Here is what my svBuilder-Pro layout looks like on in the customization stage:

http://www.rorywhite.com/Von_example.JPG

and here is how it is exporting:

http://rorshak.com/avant_garde/

I ticked the Flash box and saw some l additional navigation buttons, but the background was still white.

I ticked the Flash box

The useFlash Embed Code Parameter in your gallery's embedding code has been set to 'false' so your gallery is being displayed by the Mobile Player (rather than the Flash Player). One of the known issues of svBuilder-Pro is that:

Mobile Gallery is not displayed in svBuilder. To view the mobile gallery, save it and view in a web browser.

If you want your gallery to be displayed in browsers as it is in the svBuilder-Pro live window, reselect the 'Use Flash' checkbox and resave your gallery on the 'Publish' tab.

the background was still white

You have set your gallery's background to be transparent so any HTML/CSS background on your web page will shine though. However, there is no HTML/CSS background on your web page so the browser uses the default white (just like when opening a new blank tab/window).
If you want to use a black background, either:
(1) Deselect the 'Background Transparent' checkbox and choose black as your 'Background Color'
... or:
(2) Leave your background transparent and add a black background via HTML/CSS by adding the following code to the <head> section of your web page:

<style type="text/css">
    #sv-container { background-color: #000000; }
</style>
Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Indeed.  Thank you for the help!

I learned a few extra things as well:  even though a color maybe selected as black, if the opacity isn't set to 1, then it may turn out gray!  If one, such as myself, sifts through all the options looking to change a gray background to black, one is certainly going to be sifting for a bit!

This is a marvelous program.  Thank you smile

The chilidogcowboy is pleased.