Topic: Gallery not showing properly in Wordpress Canvas theme

Have just updated to Simpleviewer Pro 2.3.1 - and updated my svcore folder on my server.

my gallery shows properly on it's own page on the server - but but not within a page of Woothemes Canvas where it appears to have a mobile height of only 49px  -  I don't remember ever adding that height.

see http://www.simply-stylish-webdesign.co. … r-gallery/

What am I doing wrong?

Secondly - I went the svbuilder route, embedding the code you've given in your support pages - BECAUSE I couldn't work out properly how to insert within my wordpress theme the gallery using WP-simpleviewer.

When I click on 'insert simpleviewer gallery' - make any changes to the configuration, then 'add gallery' and i get back to the visual/text editor with an id - [simpleviewer gallery_id="12"] - I then go to Add media (above the visual/text editor box) but don't see any options other than to select my images and either 'insert into page' or 'create gallery' - but neither of those options then uses the simpleviewer format - just (I think) my wordpress Canvas theme format.  Where am i going wrong here?  (Though for some reason it's using 'lightbox' which I didn't think was included with Canvas but maybe i'm wrong).

see http://www.simply-stylish-webdesign.co. … gallery-3/

many thanks in anticipation of your help here.

Re: Gallery not showing properly in Wordpress Canvas theme

my gallery shows properly on it's own page on the server - but but not within a page of Woothemes Canvas where it appears to have a mobile height of only 49px  -  I don't remember ever adding that height.

It looks like this FAQ describes the scenario that you are experiencing:
My gallery does not show in Firefox or gets cropped to a small height. Why?

In a WordPress environment where it may be difficult to change the heights of parent containers of your gallery, the easiest solution would be to specify your gallery's height as an absolute pixel value rather than as a percentage. (Currently, your gallery has a height of 100%.)

I then go to Add media (above the visual/text editor box) but don't see any options other than to select my images and either 'insert into page' or 'create gallery' - but neither of those options then uses the simpleviewer format - just (I think) my wordpress Canvas theme format.  Where am i going wrong here?

Click the 'Add Media' button, drag and drop your images into the 'Insert Media' window and, once they have finished uploading, just close the 'Insert Media' window (do not click the 'Insert into post' button). This will attach the images to the post (no more, no less) and they will be displayed in the gallery.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

okay thanks for your response Steven and i'm getting somewhere now.

Have now embedded the gallery into wordpress at

http://www.simply-stylish-webdesign.co. … e-gallery/

but why have i a black background - whereas if i go straight to the gallery which isn't embedded into wordpress at

http://www.simply-stylish-webdesign.co. … -bergerie/

there's the white background as I'd configured it in simpleviewer pro svbuilder

both of which are different in IE.

Sorry if you've written about this somewhere else as i thought i'd read everything but I can't figure it out.

many thanks again

Sorry - I've now seen the embed code parameters which is probably where I add the white background:

simpleviewer.load(divId, width, height, backgroundColor, useFlash, flashvars, params, attributes, useColorCorrection);

can you give me an example for dummies for me to adulterate  - I imagine i have to include all parameters in order for it to be understood.

but why have i a black background

Your gallery's background color is set by the backgroundColor Embed Code Parameter and it is currently set to '222222'.
If you want your gallery's background to be white, change:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars);

... to:

simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "ffffff", true, flashvars);

I imagine i have to include all parameters in order for it to be understood.

No. As noted in the Embed Code Parameter documentation, the first five parameters are required and the last four are optional. As you do not use params or attributes and do not set the useColorCorrection parameter, you can simply omit these from your simpleviewer.load() line (as you currently already do).

Steven Speirs

and sorry again as I've now fumbled around and changed the black to white - but it still looks very different in IE 8

but it still looks very different in IE 8

I have viewed your web page in IE8 and in other browsers and the main difference that I can see is in the rendering of your WordPress theme. There seems to be no difference in the display of your SimpleViewer gallery itself.
Please check that your WordPress theme is compatible with IE8. It looks like Woothemes Canvas may have layout issues in IE8 according to this blog entry.

If the difference that you see is in the display of your SimpleViewer gallery, then check that you have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled in your IE8 browser.
Please see this FAQ for details:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?

Steven Speirs

Thanks very much again.  Had seen that page re IE8 and tried it and no change but will check my coding. 

Downloaded Flash again and no difference but if you're seeing it fine will carry on trying.

very much appreciate your help.