Topic: Linking and img to SV via nextgen gallery

Hello,

I have a wordpress site I would like to incorporate SV into. I have all the proper plugins and simple viewer already being used on my main gallery page. So all the parts are there.

My goal is this:
I have 15 galleries with 2 images in each gallery(before&after). I would like to have one image that when clicked on brings up the simpleviewer gallery that was created with the nextgen gallery plugin.

The user would click the image, view the two slide show images then click back out and return to the page. Then move on to view the next image/gallery, etc.

What is the best method for this? Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks!

Re: Linking and img to SV via nextgen gallery

It is possible to create a WP-SimpleViewer gallery using a NextGen Gallery as the source of images but WP-SimpleViewer embeds the gallery directly into the WordPress page or post. It is not possible to have WP-SimpleViewer create a link to the gallery instead.
You would need to implement your scenario manually by creating your SimpleViewer galleries on your computer (perhaps with svBuilder-Pro), uploading them to your web server and then linking to them within your pages or posts.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the info!

So if I link to them on the server, how do I get them to show up in a "popup" type of gallery?

Last edited by happypappy (2013-01-21 21:26:20)

Neither WP-SimpleViewer (not SimpleViewer-Pro itself) comes with lightbox-style functionality but if you would like to have a SimpleViewer gallery pop up in a lightbox-style window, then this can be achieved using Shadowbox.
Please see this forum post for details.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.